HR Block - Emerald Card- bait and switch?
I am writing this letter to inform the public of my experience with the Emerald Card with H&R Block.
Our joint refund was placed on this card. There was some kind of promotion and it was free to receive our money on this debit card with the Mastercard logo.
When our refund was placed on the card, I called the number on back of card and spoke to a rep. I wanted to know how to take out my money without any fees so I could pay my mortgage. The rep was very nice and said that a regular bank ATM would charge fees. An "all point ATM" has no fees. But, either way, if I am charged any fees,if I call back after taking my money out, they will waive those fees.
I was able to find an "All Point ATM". It took a few days until I was able to go. The ATM would only let me take out 400 at a time. Each time I was charged 2.50 for a total of 20 dollars.
I called back to have the fees waived and now the story has changed. I was told that the fee was 2.50 for each transaction and will not be waived. I explained what I was told and was hung up on by the male rep.
I called back again and spoke to a supervisor and was told they will waive fees, but I need my husband with me during the call because it is a joint refund. I called back with my husband and they only waived 7.50.
If they are doing this to everyone then they are making millions and it is wrong.c3883ac review #298647
You may also like
- "The Pulte home I purchased has serious water problems. Whenever it rains (or snows), the sump pump works continuously to pump water out of my basement. The volume..."
- "I made an online appointment to file my taxes with the H&R Block near me. The H&R Block office I went to is 4020 W. North Ave in Milwaukee, Wisconsin...."
- "I am writing this as a review of the work that was conducted on my home last month from Rhino Shield of Jacksonville, Fl. Several months ago, my blood pressure..."
- "Super Target in Boyton Beach FL ..wed Nov 26 6pm..walking in we saw entrance totally overrun in trash. My wife told a sales associate of problem. .assured the manager would..."
- "On 11/26/14, I took my Pomeranian, Missy to the Banfield in Deptford, NJ. The vet who normally sees my 3 dogs was not in (Dr Oliver).So Missy was seen by..."
- "This is Samson the day I bought him from Anna this actually picture was done still in her house - first picture with him for us he is beautiful his..."
- "I went to taco bell and ordered a 10 taco meal and paid $5.50 to make them supreme and when I got home I had almost empty taco's. I can..."
- "The company behind the Prepaid Visa Upside Debit Cards has an F rating with the BBB (Better Business Bureau). The BBB has noticed a pattern of complaints concerning Metabank---Cardholder Services...."
- "Please read this completely if you care about “the little guy” in corporate America. Avoid EMS at all cost! Their contracts are written to benefit only them. They do not..."