Hr Block - Emerald Card- bait and switch?
I am writing this letter to inform the public of my experience with the Emerald Card with H&R Block.
Our joint refund was placed on this card. There was some kind of promotion and it was free to receive our money on this debit card with the Mastercard logo.
When our refund was placed on the card, I called the number on back of card and spoke to a rep. I wanted to know how to take out my money without any fees so I could pay my mortgage. The rep was very nice and said that a regular bank ATM would charge fees. An "all point ATM" has no fees. But, either way, if I am charged any fees,if I call back after taking my money out, they will waive those fees.
I was able to find an "All Point ATM". It took a few days until I was able to go. The ATM would only let me take out 400 at a time. Each time I was charged 2.50 for a total of 20 dollars.
I called back to have the fees waived and now the story has changed. I was told that the fee was 2.50 for each transaction and will not be waived. I explained what I was told and was hung up on by the male rep.
I called back again and spoke to a supervisor and was told they will waive fees, but I need my husband with me during the call because it is a joint refund. I called back with my husband and they only waived 7.50.
If they are doing this to everyone then they are making millions and it is wrong.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I had my taxes prepared with Marcos Romo at H & R Block on Niles in Bakersfield, CA. Afterwards, he started giving my personal information to a friend of mine..."
- "Never represent yourself before the IRS just because there are companies you consider crooked. Just find a responsible CPA firm in good standing. We are one. For valuable free info..."
- "I went into H and R block Jan 27th of this year to file jointly with my husband who is currently deployed.I had an appointment that was supposed to be..."
- "After reading dozens of reviews of this same problem I am convinced that I received a poorly made propane grill like so many others. The fire box which is the..."
- "Today, 04/20/15, I brought our 3 year old yellow lab into the Manchester NH petsmart store #1869 in for a routine full service bath and groom. A groomer took her..."
- "Bought a tree last week, just tried putting up, 9 hours later, both arms scratched with blood dripping off me, wrenched back, and only have bottom up! This thing does..."
- "If you haven’t heard about Microsoft latest operating system, Windows 10 – then you are missing out on a lot of things. Released on July 29th 2015, it has captured..."
- "This place is terrible! They have no customer service skills and getting a manager to call you back is next to impossible. My salesman was Jordan insanely unprofessional..."
- "My package was sent back to sender as per the customer support team from DHL for unknown reasons which was not disclosed to me either. This is the mail content from..."