Hr Block - H&R Block Emerald Advance up to $1000

I recieved a letter with a plastic card included with information about the H&R Block Emerald Advance. Which, yes on approved credit, based on what your antisapated tax return will be, will loan you up to $1000.

I brought all the information and papers needed to my H&R Block agent. I was told to antisapate a return of $8,470.00. How ever my loan was denied within 2 seconds of my agent pressing the send button.

My agent said (I quote) "I'm sorry your loan wasn't approved. It's sad 80% of the loans aren't. I've only had one approved that I have done. People get their hopes up and should get your w-2's soon."

Why even bother to waste the paper and plastic cards with loans % like that!!!

More Review Details

Helpful? 90 Yes 90 149 No 149
Had the same issue 117 Yes 117
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Nov 23 #1068280

Yes I have been filling with them since 1988 I have only received one loan and have been getting denied every since. So I have not been back to h&r block since......why pay all of your money to them to get your taxes prepared and you are denied the loan.......sad.

Nov 13 #1063233

I did my taxes myself online with h and r block. To get a 1,000 back on emerald advance h and r block say now I can only get an advance for 350.00 because I did online and now a new customer so watch that!!!! better then nothing I guess.

1 0 Reply

Nov 07 #1060057

We get the loan every year and we have horrible credit, as long as you have a job and always pay them back your guaranteed

15 16 Reply

Nov 19 #1066589

I went today have been with H @R block for three years and been at the same job for 9 years aplied for the advanced loan and was denied last year was aproved for only 350.00 this year nothing ....H @ R block just lost me as a customer. ...

Nov 23 #1068666

Not true

Nov 07 #1059779

I have been using HR block for 5 years.I went to get an Emerald Advance last year I told the lady I was raising my grandson she didn't put it in the computer so I was denied she said I wouldn't get enough back to get a loan.I went back 2days later another person reset it within 10 minutes 900.00 was loaded to my card.

3 1 Reply

Jun 10 #993515 Fort Wayne, Indiana

I get the advance every year no problem

11 0 Reply

Dec 08, 2014 #913110

I've never had a problem with H and R Block

7 0 Reply

Nov 25, 2014 #906080 Belleview, Florida

I am so pissed F u h & R block says i have insufficient cash flow which is not the case!!

Dec 04, 2014 #910622 Little Rock, Arkansas

What mine said. Ahhhhwish I would have know and not wasted my time. My agent was super sweet though.

Nov 25, 2014 #905967 Seattle, Washington

I got denied too. How incredibly disheartening...Ive been a client for YEARS. My 6 year old and I really needed that.

0 1 Reply

Nov 24, 2014 #905550

I am going to see if I get approved tonight. If I do not they will lose a customer that's for sure. I will do it my *** self.

3 0 Reply
upset loyal consumer

Nov 24, 2014 #905505 Saginaw, Michigan

I was always approved for a h&r loan and today I was denied for a loan so now I don't think I will continue my tax services wit h&r block nd I have been a consumer for over 14years

Unhappy ex customer

Nov 24, 2014 #905472 Columbia, Missouri

H&R Block sucks!!!

Nov 24, 2014 #905469 Columbia, Missouri

I was denied this year. The code was to many credit inquires on my credit report.
I bought a new car this year. I have used H&R block for 17 years now and received loans in the past and paid them back on time and in full!!! HSBC Bank is even on my credit report/Experian with a positive standing!!! I was listening to others in the office that were way less qualifying than I for sure am!!! I've held my job for over 5 years and more $$ than I did last year.

Unhappy ex-customer

Nov 24, 2014 #905406 Yazoo City, Mississippi

I agree. H&R block is a rip off! My husband and I have gotten the advance with them the past two year, and we both have decent credit. Then, I apply this year and it gave us a code (06) saying that we were denied. The code said we had insufficient cash flow for 2015.... which makes ZERO sense. I called and the operator at the call center said that code shows up for seasonal workers. My husband is not a "seasonal" worker. He has been at this job for 2 years and works 6 days a week. The "tax professional" said that we make twice as much as the last 2 other people made that just got approved, and she said it didnt make sense either. I will not use H&R block anymore. We had planned to use the money for christmas. It is rather disappointing.

May 27, 2014 #820740

H&R block is a *** rip off... They are the kings of false advertisement. First I was told I wouldn't be charged atm withdrawal fees as long as I used all point atms but yet H&R block charged me every time I withdrew money. Then I got approved for the cash advance and was told as long as I pay it back in time I would have a line of credit all year round but when I tried to access that line of credit I was told there was steps I had to take to be able to access this line of credit but wasn't informed of these steps until I tried to access the line of credit. Basically a bunch of bs

PO-ed Veteran

Dec 27, 2013 #764697 Greensboro, North Carolina

I went also to the so called Emerald BS and got similar results. I think there should be some kind of Class Action law suit brought against them for false advertisement. I am thinking the same thing. They are just marketing for customers.

1-20 of 84 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.