Hr Block - H&R Block Emerald Card
This is my story. I had my tax refund direct deposited onto my Emerald card. I got the rapid refund loan. This disqualified me from getting my stimulus direct deposited. The last 2 digits of my SSN are 98. This means I am one of the last to receive a paper check in the mail.
I called H&R Block customer service (which is a joke by the way) and asked them this: "Since I don't have another bank and I have my payroll directly deposited onto this card, where can I cash my check when I recieve it in the mail?" They had NO CLUE, and they didn't care.
I send them questions about other things in emails and every single !!!!!!! time, they send me the same generic response. Please CALL our customer service. So I asked them this: "What the he!! good is using the emails when this is your same response EVERY time?" They had NO CLUE. Also, they charge you $2.50 to call customer service.
The people that answer the phones there have to look up the answer every time for even the simple questions. They are underpaid so I am assuming, not educated. The reason I know this is because one of them actually told me she got her electric shut off!!
Adding salt to my wounds was being declined at Wal-Mart to cash the check because when they ran it through their telechek machine, it was coming up system error. The guy at Wal-Mart said it can't be a telechek error, because I always get a receipt with a fail reason code and a phone number for people to call. There was nothing. Over and over again. They couldn't figure it out and they said there was no way to override. Well, considering I signed the f-ing thing in front of them, as is their rule, I said well, now what do I do? They didn't have a clue. I said I will call telechek and maybe I had a mark on there from a long time ago. Turns out, I did. From May of 2003. I said that is over 5 years old. They said it stays on there for 7 years. I said what can I do to take care of it? She said I can pay telechek over the phone with a credit or debit card. I did not know that telechek is now a DEBT COLLECTOR too!!!! This was a matter of $51 and a service charge of $25 of course. Well, go figure, since I had a check for $900, I spent my last 89.99 online for a software upgrade before I knew I would be declined by Wal-Mart.
Here's my opinion about telechek. Isn't that service there to warn companies about bad checks? Obviously, the US Treasury should not even be scanned by a check system. I know this because I asked telechek, "how can telechek have anything to say about this?" They said take it to a place that does not use telechek. This response, in combination with a lack of an error code, leads me to believe I am right. I will be complaining about them too.
On top of the wonderful day I was having, I finally went home (disappointed and ashamed) and got locked out of my place! When I took 1 of my 3 dogs outside, one of the other dogs jumped up and hit the deadbolt! I had to crawl through a window. I work full time and try to pay ALL of my bills. Why do I feel like such a loser right now? I even went to college and now I have GINORMOUS DEBT!
Well, I'm done complaining for now. I will NOT be filing my taxes at H&R Block EVER EVER EVER again. I have been using them for 15 years.
Wish me luck, for tomorrow I will try my luck at cashing Uncle Sam's piece of paper once again!
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "a few bad eggs can not take away years of making brides dreams coe true with flowers........You Made it all seem so easy! Thank you so much. My daughter loved..."
- "First off the guys that came to clean the carpet were very nice, but the process for cleaning is terrible...the first thing they say is the carpet might still look..."
- "I had my taxes prepared with Marcos Romo at H & R Block on Niles in Bakersfield, CA. Afterwards, he started giving my personal information to a friend of mine..."
- "Not happy with cheating hundreds of expats out of their hard-earned retirement money by promising high-yielding bogus investments, De Vere is a world-class scammer of unsuspecting new financial consultant recruits.The..."
- "Stephen Franklin Hess aka Steve. He preys on women under age from 15 years old above. I saw his profile online very attractive man but when i meet him..."
- "Dropped a 95 Honda Accord of at around noon on 5/11/2012. Wanted the car checked for possible catalytic converter replacement. Asked for a call when diagnosis was done...."
- "I need to share my experience at The Spa at Southern Highlands (managed by WTS International, Itc. and Pacific Links International), in Las Vegas. I will share it in a..."
- "I ordered the top of the line Bouquet of roses (Exquisite Upgrade) for my wife's first birthday as a mom back in August 2015 (VERY IMPORTANT AND MEANINGFUL). The..."
- "In April of this year I ordered. A Seal Skin Supreme Touring cover for my Harley. invoice id 100026560 and paid through Pay.Pal. After 90 days the outer covering turned..."