Hr Block - H&R Block Emerald Card
This is my story. I had my tax refund direct deposited onto my Emerald card. I got the rapid refund loan. This disqualified me from getting my stimulus direct deposited. The last 2 digits of my SSN are 98. This means I am one of the last to receive a paper check in the mail.
I called H&R Block customer service (which is a joke by the way) and asked them this: "Since I don't have another bank and I have my payroll directly deposited onto this card, where can I cash my check when I recieve it in the mail?" They had NO CLUE, and they didn't care.
I send them questions about other things in emails and every single !!!!!!! time, they send me the same generic response. Please CALL our customer service. So I asked them this: "What the he!! good is using the emails when this is your same response EVERY time?" They had NO CLUE. Also, they charge you $2.50 to call customer service.
The people that answer the phones there have to look up the answer every time for even the simple questions. They are underpaid so I am assuming, not educated. The reason I know this is because one of them actually told me she got her electric shut off!!
Adding salt to my wounds was being declined at Wal-Mart to cash the check because when they ran it through their telechek machine, it was coming up system error. The guy at Wal-Mart said it can't be a telechek error, because I always get a receipt with a fail reason code and a phone number for people to call. There was nothing. Over and over again. They couldn't figure it out and they said there was no way to override. Well, considering I signed the f-ing thing in front of them, as is their rule, I said well, now what do I do? They didn't have a clue. I said I will call telechek and maybe I had a mark on there from a long time ago. Turns out, I did. From May of 2003. I said that is over 5 years old. They said it stays on there for 7 years. I said what can I do to take care of it? She said I can pay telechek over the phone with a credit or debit card. I did not know that telechek is now a DEBT COLLECTOR too!!!! This was a matter of $51 and a service charge of $25 of course. Well, go figure, since I had a check for $900, I spent my last 89.99 online for a software upgrade before I knew I would be declined by Wal-Mart.
Here's my opinion about telechek. Isn't that service there to warn companies about bad checks? Obviously, the US Treasury should not even be scanned by a check system. I know this because I asked telechek, "how can telechek have anything to say about this?" They said take it to a place that does not use telechek. This response, in combination with a lack of an error code, leads me to believe I am right. I will be complaining about them too.
On top of the wonderful day I was having, I finally went home (disappointed and ashamed) and got locked out of my place! When I took 1 of my 3 dogs outside, one of the other dogs jumped up and hit the deadbolt! I had to crawl through a window. I work full time and try to pay ALL of my bills. Why do I feel like such a loser right now? I even went to college and now I have GINORMOUS DEBT!
Well, I'm done complaining for now. I will NOT be filing my taxes at H&R Block EVER EVER EVER again. I have been using them for 15 years.
Wish me luck, for tomorrow I will try my luck at cashing Uncle Sam's piece of paper once again!10a0ebbc review #127510
You may also like
- "a few bad eggs can not take away years of making brides dreams coe true with flowers........You Made it all seem so easy! Thank you so much. My daughter loved..."
- "I recently employed the cleaning company AIM Home Services to complete a job on the house I have just moved into.After arriving to a dusty, dirty and hardly even attempted..."
- "My open letter to the CEO. How long are you going to ignore this? I sent you a certified letter, which has gone ignored. My family can't afford to lose..."
- "I purchased a Edwards lemon meringue pie from my local publix grocery store. On March 1 2015, it has a long string inside of it. Absolutely disgusting an horrible horrible..."
- " All my Invicta Watches are broken. I had crown problems, bezel problems, even the the hour markers on the dials falling off. Is that Swiss Made?..."
- "3rd March 2015, buying a BenQ monitor coz of Lazada 10% discount advertisement. After 2 days receive an order cancelled trigger email and stated as pricing error. This order put..."
- "I'm reading about the History of Fraud on the Energy Star Program and I hope that Lennar Home Builders will also read it and REMOVE their Energy-Star and Comfort Wise..."
- "An excerpt from a speech made by Elizabeth Dole in Jan, 1979....far too many Americans are expressing outrage and anguish because their dream homes become a nightmare! Shoddy building..."
- "Dr. Jennifer Martinick is a DISGRACE!! Proof Below. This is a NON-COMMERCIAL POSTING/WEBSITE. Any statements below are my opinion only. For reasons described below, Dr Jennifer Martinick, MBBS, http://www.martinick.com/ Image 21 &..."