Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Hr Block in Knoxville, Tennessee - H&r block is a scam!!

they lied about getn a same day loan but you do get charged for trying,then once your denied you get a chance for the 1 to 2 day loan,once your denied you get charged for this too then you still have to wait 8-15 days!!all this for what i could of had done for a fraction of their fees!i will NEVER use h&r block again!i also took my complaints to another site as well and will be filing through better business..they need to be stopped! THEY ARE A SCAM!please be aware..

I called H&R Block and talked to one of the persons and ask if the Yucca Valley office was

honoring what was on the TV commercials that

the 1040EZ forms where going to be filled out

free she said yes so I made the appointment

for the following day,After the tax papers were all filld out this person made the remark

that her boss messed with her computer and she had to charge him $32.00 this I feel was a

(BAIT & SWITCH)

hr block tax preparers explain evrtything to their clients but the clients only want to hear when and how much and dont pay attention to what they have been told at the desk or what is in their folder that has all the information in it. the bank hsbc makes the decisions based on their ssn and we have to wait an see what the bank say within a three minute time frame as the client. clients should learn to listen and read and we do explain to them that part one and two is a loan from the bank and subject to credit approval from hsbc

You need to get your facts straight. Hr block doesn't charge for loans that can be had against the tax refund.

Hsbc bank does and you are not charged for what you don't get, Hr block does not determine eligibilty for the loans HSBC does, hr block prepares tax returns, the loans are offered because the costumers want them.

The one thing you did pay for out of your refund to hr block was the fees. And you were not coerced to do this you could have taken your stuff and left.

View more comments (2)

HR Block - An absolute Waste of time and money

I recently got done my taxes. The officer was late by 30 mins, he did not know what forms to use, I had to call someone to find out the right form numbers. He checked with someone else in the office and said the form i was looking for did not exist since the 1990's. I wonder how people run such incompetent operations. This will be the last time I will even think about HR block. This is the Harrisburg HR block office (on jonestown road) and the office is Anil Rastogi. He couldnt even type properly, and his internet was aboslutely slow. An utter disgusting waste of time and money.

Hr Block in Burnaby, British Columbia - Because im an apprentice i got screwed

i went into h and r block in metrotown in burnaby bc and i talked to a person there and they said that i could leave my forms there over night and i could come in the next day and get my refund.when i was talking to the person there i told her i was an apprentice and that i need my refund asap,because they do quick money back on the day you finish your taxes as a check or on a debit card,i asked if there was going to be any problems and she assured me no,so when i went in the next day i didnt bring any money with me,i sat down with a different woman and filled out the rest of the forms,after i was done and she told me how much im going to get back she said because i was an apprentice that i could not get quick money back and i had to wait for it in the mail,she couldnt give me a good reason,i just want those people to know that they are *** and im going to do all thats in my power to make them loose as many customers and as much money as i can...thanks

My json being 21 and needing his return quick, left his w2's with H&R blockheads in Cleveland TN. They never asked if he was a student, could he be claimed on my taxes, I guess they thought he could live on the 3522.00 he had made for the yr.

and anyway they took 1/3 of his refund by giving him a "credit card" as a loan????

instead of him paying their fee and getting a normal refund, least to say, they screwed up my return, the IRS says I now cannot claim him as a dep. I anyone has any answers out there help!!!

Hr Block in Atlanta, Georgia - H&R Block Bank Tax Refund Scam

The IRS submitted my tax refund to H&R Block Bank on February 25, 2008. It is now March 24th and I still have not received my refund. I have been transferred so many time I lost count. I have been on hold an excess of 1 1/2 hours with H&R Block Bank and to date have still been unable to reach someone concerning my refund. This is a big scam. They are no more than thieves and I will tell everyone I know not to ever use this service. I am going to contact an attorney tomorrow and see what I can do.

We were told by tax person at H&R block we would get 2971 dollars back IRS said they sent that amount to the H&R blocks bank on 2/14/2018 but they H&R block only put 4401.99 in ou account they said that was all that the IRS sent we owed either child support or back taxes I told them our child is 40 and we do not owe any taxes IRS said there is nothing on our records saying they held money they said to call H&R block and tell them they did send 2971.00 to us now who is the crook H&R BLOCK we need our money! so where do I go next?

@Patricia Beavin

I meant to say H&R block only put 441.00 in our account

DO NOT GO TO H & R BLOCK. PERIOD! I know MANY people who did not get the refund they were entitled to, my sister got 600 taken from her and a friend for $6,000 taken..I know another who got her entire refund SCREWED up because of these crooks!

I am in the same boat. H and R Crock said to check the IRS site for the date of deposit, which was today, the 11th.

Now, in the past, I've used TurboTax or Taxact and gotten my refund the DAY the IRS sent it, at midnight actually. Imagine my surprise to wake up to no return this morning. Carefully read through the email H N R sent me, stating my funds had been sent to them and would be held in H and R Block Bank for 2 - 3 business days, but possibly longer. Immediately it dawned on me that H and R Block was making money off of MY money in their bank.

Then I realized, well, for every client that uses their simple pay program, the same thing happens. Can't imagine how much they are making off of all of us! I called them, and of course, I got the run around. I was told there is a clearinghouse where the funds have to be verified.

**ahem** it's money from the IRS, there is no verification process... the IRS would deposit directly into MY account had I used the competitors tax return programs. I talked to four people there. The third one I talked to said they sent the money to my bank yesterday (how is this possible if IRS didn't release the funds until the 11th...

today!) and that my bank was the ones who were holding my funds and verifying the deposit. So, of course, I called my bank. They don't even have a pre-auth or any notice from H N R, nothing. So, another lie from H and R Crock.

It takes a LOT to upset me, but this really pushes my buttons. H and R Block is capitalizing on our federal returns, and they are getting away with it. I mentioned that if they, in fact, have a different process, they should state this at the beginning of the tax return process online and inform their clients that it will take an extra week or so to get their money, and then they should tell them WHY... because they hold it in THEIR account all the while making interest.

This is OUR money, it should be in OUR accounts the day the IRS sends it so we can start accumulating interest on it. I am more than disappointed and will be lodging a complaint with the BBB. I also pray to God there is a Class action suit brought against them that will reimburse us any money they gained off our money as well as money for time and stress in trying to deal with them on the phone and all of the lies they spew out. I researched it online and found many different excuses they had given others...

one being "you filed long form, so it delayed your refund." WHAT?! Please beware of H and R Block, and if you continue to use them, be aware that that you will have to wait an extra week or so for your refund while they make their money on it first.

I been doing my taxes in H&r block for over 4 years n I always got my money on time except 2 years ago I fieled my taxes on the 18 n so did my mom n they told me by by the 4th my check would b deposted into my emerald card n when the day came my moms money was refunded but not mine I was like what the *** y my money didn't come I went to. H N R.

Block n they called the bank n was such a problem everyday I was on hold for hours I finally gave up n in feb 25 my money was in my card I was so happy but angry cuz the time it took I honestly say sumtimes things go worng n its worth the wait while my mom spent all her money n was broke I jus had got my check lol. But checks r only deposted on friday usually when u file ur taxes try to always do so on a friday early cuz 2firdays from then ur check should b in ur card good luck guys n b patient its cuming lol 8)

I like everyone else used h&r block did the direct deposite 8-15 day thing and was to friday march 12, 2010 that my money was sent to my bank,and to check with my bank to make sure it was the correct amount. well when i called there was no money the had no record of a dd and nothing pending so i called h-r back and then im told its in the wires but it should be there anytime well guess what it is now saturday and u guessed it no money now they say "oh its your bank they are not telling you the truth its there it will just take them a couple days to post it" no sorry h-r thats *** my bank doesnt do that h-r block ist the one holding our money so the greedy basters can collect intrest of us h-r block is the ones holding the money cause i work for my bank and a dd is the same as cash and its posted the second we recieve a dd so yall can go tell that lie somewhere else so all you people out there that have just been *** by h-r block im and tell you that your bank is not holding your money H&R BLOCK is the theift here so everyone call H&R BLOCK and file a complaint and let them know your not just going to roll over your standing up for your self and you want your "*** MONEY NOW" caues thats what im doing here is the number you need to call to voice your complaint 1-800-472-5624 and press 0 to talk to a live person :(

HR Block doesn't change your info when you use Turbo Tax that goes from your PC electronically straight to the IRS. Fess up you made a typo and instead of accepting responsibility you would have us believe that HR Block intercepted your electronic transfer to IRS and changed the bank information because they are out to get you?.. Take your meds and be more careful next time

8-15 working days is an estimate that the Internal Revenue Service gives to the public, but not a guarantee you will have it in 8-15 days. It is only an estimate.

Blame the IRS since they are the only ones who control the date the refund is funded....didn't you go to H&R Block to get your taxes done? Did they do that? Then once it is filed, it is up to the government to send the refund. If you don't like it, write your Senator.

Do you always blame others when you don't get your way or do you just stamp your feet? :cry

ddrichso

I believe the problem is with that H&R Block specifically. If the IRS didn't reduce your refund or child support or some other entity took your funds, sounds like they lost your check. :eek Just stay on top of them.

We were told our Refund would arrive direct deposit w/in 8-15 days. Now I am being told it will be atleast 17 days because they only deposit on Fridays and the 15th day is a Wednesday.

I complained enough about it that they are sending me a gift certificate for next year for FREE Tax preparation through them. But, why do they tell ppl 8-15 days if they know it can take longer?

We were never told anything about Friday deposits only, and never told it may take longer. :roll

I just found out since H & R Block CHANGED my bank info on my forms when I used Turbo Tax and easy pay my stimulus check will have to be mailed LATE. The IRS will try to deposit it into the bank on record and when it is refused it will then be mailed much later.

Could be up to or after JULY. I should have gotten it the 2nd week of May.

I have used Turbo Tax for years...NEVER AGAIN!! :(

View more comments (10)
Review

Hr Block in San Francisco, California - 10% penalty on unused HSA rolled over to next year

H&R Block at 4300 Sonoma Blvd, Vallejo, CA has processed my tax returns, adding a 10% tax 'distribution' penalty on the unused portion from 2007 which rolled over as a beginning balance in 2008. This is non taxable medical account, which is not used for anything except medical expenses, but, according to the Vallejo branch, they view the rolled over amount as 'extra income' and should be taxed. They are not returning my calls, and are rude and obnoxiously set on not correcting their error. I have contacted other tax preparers, the HSA administrator, and our work plan administrator, who all state that H&R Block is wrong. I will never do business again with H&R Block.

what did you use the distributions for? There is a 10% penalty on non-qualified distributions from HSAs.

Review
Tried to download the Taxcut software. Entered order and Credit Card information and processed order. When I was unable to find a download link, I called customer service, they gave me the order number and said login to download. I logged in - order not found! I...

This is very upsetting I have been charged twice for the same product, money isn't easy to make....I called and nothing was solved.

Loss

Hr Block in Winter Haven, Florida - H&R Block not standing behind their errors.

I recently downloaded the Tax Cut software program from H&R Block for $19.95 that included worry free audit support. Once I finished my taxes and submitted the efile to the IRS it was rejected due to errors tow times. H&R Block Tax Cut is suppose to check the 1040 for errors and tell me everything is correct or not. It came back as no errors. So I correct the errors the IRS found and sent the efile again for the third time. As it was going into cyberspace I noticed the refund amount had changed to a higher number. I called H&R Block and got nothing but the runaround. I was told I would have to amend my return once I recieved my refund check. This week I got the check and called them for help and they told me there was a 90.00 charge to amend the 1040. They blamed me for their software problem that blew out my husbands w-2. I ended up having to drive to an IRS office and having to get someone there show me how to amend my 1040 and then had to send a check to the IRS. H and R Block did not help me in anyway but did give me my 19.95 back that I oaid for worry free audit support.
Loss
H. & R. Block Emerald Card ******************************** Credit Card Information Removed ******************************* Re: Cardholder Paula Marks Please cancel this card as soon as possible. I have had nothing but trouble since I applied for this card,...

H&R BLOCK is doing Federal 1040EZ's for only $39.00.

Review
On February 7th, I notified H&R Block via there customer service number that the Emerald Card (debit card with my tax refund on it) had been stolen. They stated that it would take 3-10 days. On February 22, I called them asking the status of the replacement debit...

I'm having a problem similar to this. I called customer service and asked how i shoulddenie access to a company that was trying to take a 70$ service charge.

Anyway she told me that the best way would be to get a new card. So i said ok I'll call back tomorrow after my unemployment check was directly deposited,then I could drain my funds and then call back to cancel the card. So the *** woman cancelled my card as soon as I hung up the phone. My check was deposited and now I have no way to get to my only source of money.

I've talked to 6 people they all promised that it would be a high emegency case and my case would be reviewed immediatly. Now on day two of my tries to get my card turned back on and they still keep telling me it'll be the next day.

I said I hope this makes you feel better knowing I can't buy food for my kids,or pay my bills because you can't push the on button. Anyway I'm still waiting and my kids are still asking when we can go shopping.Thats my tale of whoa they don't very good customer relations at all they don't care because there family has food in the fridge and thier bills are paid.