1.4
Additional Fees
Turnaround Time

Like Turbo Tax, H&R Block got REALLY greedy and confusing.For Tax Year 2016 they BOTH CLEARLY CONSPIRED TO double the price of their software and created numerous different products making it impossible to determine how many products you need to buy to do a moderately complex tax return involving investments, running a small business, etc.

Send them both a message: DON'T BUY EITHER TURBO TAX OR H&R BLOCK. There has been almost no changes in taxes from 2015 to 2016, so just use your 2015 tax software to prepare you 2016 product.

Then cut and paste the 2016 form heading onto your return.Finally just mail in your hard copy tax return to create more work for IRS.

Review about: Hr Block Hr Block Tax Software.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I liked: Software program, 2015 software.

I didn't like: Poor pricing, 2016 software.

Had an Experience with Hr Block?

Comments

The standard deduction and exemption amount alone increase every year.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States #1271046

I kinda disagree with TurboTax, as I use it and no problems.I do agree with your assessment of HR Block.

And a pretty clever way to get around it, I must say.

Problem is, people either aren't smart enough to do that or don't have the time.So these companies will always be around because of such demand and this customer base.