Verified Reviewer

After days of attempting to contact h&r block, below is the email I wrote via this site. It provides them with the incidents that took place and practices in which their names on:

I have had an extremely deceitful experience with my tax return at HR Block.

My tax preparer was a vicious and intentionally unethical individual whom both mishandled my taxes (wrongfully advising me that I didn't need to include my BTC purchases if it was for online gambling and I lost it) and manipulated the trust I had placed into what had seemed to be an innocent lady.(Being evasive to answering my questions about potential costs; putting it off saying "we'll get to that in a second" and "it was just on the screen, but im actually going to get you a coupon/discount applied to that so it will be less, hold on". [She stands up and walks away and returns with what I assumed to be a coupon she appeared to be punching a code of it into her computer] She did in fact give me a number of what Im pretty sure was $260 but had presented it to be too much and said something about the system having two different charges that she was trying to remove the 'duplicated charge' -the term she had used. She said it wasn't letting her take it out and this was when she had got up and came back with a coupon I seen a number come up after she punched the code i I'm almost certain was $80. But she had said "okay I was able to adjust it for you I'm not sure why that's entered twice, but I was able to knock a decent portion off" this is the reason I became curious to how much I was being charged.

To be completely honest I myself have only filed taxes once prior to this; I am still relatively young, yet not a fool can be taken advantage of. I digress, to be completely honest I had feared the refund advance I went in and applied for at Jackson Hewitt was somehow going to be coming out of my refund. I had a similar terrible experience with them and very alike practices were taken. Anyways I assumed this was what she was referring to but after looking into a brief research on this whole tax thing, I had realized it was not this.

But I had kept asking how much it was going to be and this is where she had been invasive and told me whats quoted above.

Long story short I get a notification my Ohio tax return was received and that she was taking all of it and leaving me with none of it $290.

I now realize that this was stolen from me, after reviewing both IRS policy, h&r block policy ( pertaining to negligence of and falsification her checklist _documented on site made evident) as well as legislation on tax fraud. I wanted to bring this to h&r block's attention, after attempting to contact her had failed, in hopes to resolve this entire incident much less simpler than the steps i am advised to take afterward.

My name is Josh with Thomas my phone number is ***-***-**** and I can be reached anytime during the day if you leave a message I will call you back immediately

Show quoted text

User's recommendation: Don't Assume They Are Honest or Trustworthy. Pay Attention and be persistent!

Location: 1581 North Ridge Road, Painesville Township, Ohio 44077, United States

Comments

chat-icon

Please avoid publishing any personal information and promotional content

HR Block Reviews