Rachel G Cbm

Always a bad experience

They messed up my tax return the first time I used them...resulting in a ton of headaches. The 2nd year I was audited...I thought when they sold me "audit protection" they would assist.

But no, the audit protection is a scam that only applies if they made a mistake that caused the audit (which is impossible to prove because the IRS doesn't tell you any specific information as to why they are doing the audit) They couldn't even advise me on what "supporting documents" to send in.

It took almost a year to get my return-even though I gave the exact same info to the IRS as I gave to H&R block-and they wouldn't refund me the audit protection. I switched to Jackson hewitt after that and have no further issues.

Preferred solution: Apology

Russell H Igc

| map-marker Columbus, Ohio

Haven't received my text money from the year 2020 kept getting me to run around saying that you guys send it in and you haven't I paid for it so I really like to get my $1,200 back from return on my m

Russell H Igc

| map-marker Columbus, Ohio

Yeah I just don't understand why I was giving the runaround for 2 to 3 years about you sending my taxes in then they said it wasn't paid for and then I came up there and you said it was paid for it a

I filed my taxes 3 years ago one year was late and that tax never got sent in and I paid for it I would like to get my money back I don't want to go through h&r block no more I just want my money back I'll pay for my taxes to keep telling me it was sent in to the IRS and it wasn't I paid for it I just want my money back or I need my $1,200 refund real fast I've been patient for 3 years now now I'm homeless and I need my money ASAP
Travis M Tzz

| map-marker Dallas, Texas

Emerald advance denial

Well the 2 reasons I got were 1 not enough business with hr block. Yes the last few years I did my taxes using hr block website and program plus they did take my money with no problem.

The 20+ years before that I was in your offices every year. The 2nd reason I was turned down was I filled out to many credit card applications. Well I'm almost 50 years old. I have never in my life owned a credit card nor have I ever applied for ,not a single one.

So, both reasons were 100% wrong. I don't if this is some kinda gimmick to get people in your offices or what your trying to pull. Because of the reasons that you provided were completely wrong makes me rhino you are trying something.

Well you did accomplish one thing you'll never see another dime from me. I will be telling everyone I know that uses your services as well.

User's recommendation: Jackson Hewitt

Dietrich Bkg

| map-marker Biloxi, Mississippi

Speak to a represenativs

I cant get a hold of a live person. This company advertised on always there to help you. Not true today.

User's recommendation: No recommendations

Lorisa Uum
map-marker Smithfield, Virginia

Complant

I have been dealing with this for 2 years. And 3 amendments have been sent to the IRS by H&R Block. All three came back wrong from the IRS.
map-marker Escondido, California

2023 Basic Tax Software.purchased on line

Unable to download software. Getting message that 6 downloads installed. Called automated tel # 800-472**** and automated system not helpful. My activation code was 5EHHD-43DV5. Please advise
Stephani Esr

Emerald card

Due to a data beech they had they turned everyone card off and then you.cant go into office to get temp card you have yo wait a week or more ti have any kind of access to the card

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don’t use the emerald card

roger b Eru
map-marker Laguna Niguel, California

Would like to have somone respond to me

I've been trying to get some help from these people because I used them before to take a "Second Look" (that's what they call it for reviewing your taxes you'ver already prepared. Their VM says I've got an acct w/them and put put in the last 4 numbers of my SS number.

So I do by both speaking the numbers, NO GOOD cant recog the numbers. So next time I put it in by using the touch tone phone...NO GOOD AGAIN.

IMPOSSIBLE to get to talk to someone, they're voice recognition doesn't recognize the answers to the exhaustable amount of questions their out going message keeps asking, and I finally get this woman on the phone who wants to make a appt for me to come and the LINE DISCONNECTS!

She never made the appointment and never called me back. THESE PEOPLE REALLY SUCK!

User's recommendation: You have to go to the office directly, If one is still open...to get any help

map-marker Adrian, Michigan

Claim update

About the 13,700 dollar mistake your company cost me because your tax agent missed a full page on my taxes I even asked her if it was correct and she said yes! Now I owe IRS almost 14,000 dollars and have had a claim but nobody is responding to me!

User's recommendation: Double check your agent! Even though you pay them for the service!

Satina W

Complaint big time

Their concept of customer service is a joke, they have Made the biggest mistakes and I'm left to pay for all of them! Tax pro made a mistake on my Direct deposit info so my deposit was never made into my account, instead they claim a check was sent out( no proof, no tracking info), I don't receive the check so I have to do a check replacement form.

With that form I signed, gave them the ability to hold my money until the check expires or they receive the check back but they claim they never received it back.

I have been lied to and given the run around so much its ridiculous and no one in the company has even tried to pretend they care. At this point getting the money I'm owed is not enough, I'm going to sue and call the IRS, this behavior from a company that I've dealt with for almost 20 years is despicable.

Loss:

Preferred solution: More than they are willing to give, I need someone to address this issue instead of acting like they did no harm

User's recommendation: Don't trust this company at all, it's not convenient

Mike I Orj
map-marker Jacksonville, Florida

WE use the H&R BLOCK SERVICES for their RELIABILITY and KNOWLEDGE

I believe I have used H&R Block for about 35-yeras. I always wait until the end of the year because I hate doing taxes. This year I needed extra help and could not get any. I made way to much momney in Nov/Dec and I knew I should purchase a Truck for the business/invest max. in 401 or some type of Catch up for retirement or some LEGAL WAY to avoid paying 10% more for jumping into the next tax bracket.

When I made an apointment early in Jan. (to figure out what my options were) sombody canceled my end of the year tax filing appointment without my knowledge. My regular preparer was retireing (unknown to me) and nobody picked up the slack and made sure her REGULAR ANUAL CLIENTS were all taken care of.

Instead, I had to call and ask why I hadn't received my regular notice to let me know I had an apointment in 24-48 hrs.

I was then told Phylis was retiring andthey could get me someone else. I obviously was caught off-guard but I didn't have many options. I showed up the next day, i'll prepared, nervous and unsure. It turned out I was missing my wifes file, I couldn't get internet so we had to set up another appointment. I called that day and asked if they had received everything at this point and what else would I need, besides our signatures and payments.

I was told that was it, and it could all be done online now through some forms, links, etc. I didn't understand it, but I said OK. After doing everything I thought I was supposed to do. I did not receive a confirmation of my wire transfer to the IRS. I send wires all the time and I am used to them but this was done through their new forms/programs, who the *** knows what it was.

I called the office spoke to the new preparer and she said everything was confirmed. I told her I received no such notice and I do not believe the IRS got their payment. I was told she could see it was confirmed and the IRS Wire wouldn't go out until the next day.

I trusted that she could see something on the backside that I could not see, so i trusted her judgement.

She is very Nice and was very helpful. She is also an Ex-Marine, so I trusted her judgment. After all I was running on adrenaline because thats what I do and how I am, aproching the deadline.

I don't blame her. I don't blame myself, because I am not a pro and I have done this about 35-times before and almost all of them were done 2-4 days before the 15th of April. But H&R BLOCK has been trying to get everyone to do more and more online prior to covid but since then, it is their goal to d everything over the phone/computer/text or chats.

They forced an unknown product on me, on their staff and expect everyone to trust them.!!!

I did. I also pay for their knowledge and expertise and I got a crap product that was way over priced and did not work as it was explained to me or as I understood it to work.

H&R BLOCK wants to claim, we do not make payments to the IRS. As their way out of being responsable. How am I supposed to know that things didn't change in 2022, that allowed them to make the payment on my behalf and it is built into the pricing. How do I know I don't pay H&R BLOCK in the WIRE TRABSFER FORM OF PAYMENT and they float it while paying the IRS in an ACH FORM OF PAYMENT.??

Everyone knows the banks delaying payments by a day or two makes them millions of dollars a year in interest and qualifying balances that allow them to borrow more FED MONEY.

If those of you that read this, believe I should own my own mistake for tructing their new product say so. If you believe I should be responsable for waiting until the last few days, keep in mind, that H&R BLOCK has done this for me, the same way every year for over 30-years and there has never been a single issue of late calculations or late payment. I have never filed for an extension.

But if you think this is the responsability of H&R BLOCK's new crap product, that tells their own staff, that the payment was received and accepted by the IRS and that leads the preparers to believe the payment was made.??? say so.

I'll accept the judgement of my peers.

I can't post the files of my banking account to prove there are no wires pending in the amount or close to the amount I owe the IRS for the IRS or H&R BLOCK.

Go to H&R BLOCKS FACEBOOK PAGE and see the responces they post.

PS, HOW CAN H&R BLOCK not have any personel available to answer serious questions like this, after taking over $650 for a fill in the blank questionaire form that they created, for a Head of Household, Married Head of household, filing jointly and as a head of household, I am a single 1-operson llc business with a simple schedule C form.

Pros:
  • Usually great services for a fair price

Preferred solution: H&R should not be paid until clients forms/full payments are accepted by IRS. OPEN Emergency call center CAPABLE of RECTIFYING these PROBLEMS.!!!

User's recommendation: DO NOT USE ANY COMPUTER PRODUCTS created by or for H&R BLOCKS customers.

NEO C Naf

Verified Buyer

| map-marker Bellevue, Washington

Rippof!

HR Block - Rippof!

I was going to file my taxes, utilizing the free software H&R Block has on there website. I only have one W-2 and one dependent very simple return I had it all completed ready to file when I realized that I could not get the refund advance unless one of there tax preparers Filed my taxes for me the price said starts at $89 and up.

I figured my return being so simple it maybe would cost 150 bucks max. I was never told the price but I needed the refund advance so I let the tax preparer prepare my taxes and file them , then I find out I only qualify for $500 refund advance and the tax service preparer was charging $500 to file the simple return on top of that I could not use my bank account for the refund advance. I was forced to open an emerald account so I didnt even get the money right then like I was needing thats the whole reason I chose to let them file is because I needed the refund advance then enter this day. I still havent got that advance.

I see it on my MyBlock account but Ive been waiting for three weeks for a card to come in the mail. Ive already gotten my state, returned back refunded and already received my federal tax return the only thing I havent received is H&R Blocks *** scammy advance they claim to give there customers I couldve filed my taxes for free like I had already had planned to I had prepared my taxes myself and had them ready to go but was forced to have to use a tax preparer and hopes to get the refund advance that I still never got and they charge me $500 I want my $500 back cause thats a rip off I cant even access the advance, they advertise that you will get your money the same day when you file your taxes with them and that the advance could be got the same day, but it was all lies. They require people to get there emerald card that are doing their taxes online, knowing that its gonna take weeks before I would get the card to get even access to the money from the advance, It did me nothing but cost me $500 that it was to file my taxes using the tax preparer when I already had my taxes all done and could file them for free. I needed the advance that I never got.

I want my money back on what they charged one W-2 and one dependent. How could that possibly be 500 bucks you guys are ripping people off and I want my money back H&R Block is the sorriest excuse of a tax company Ive ever seen there idea of accounting is probably counting how many freckles there cousin has on there *** I hope this company catches corona and moves there scamming con artist *** to Russia and I hope somebody slips a thc vape pen in there carry on triggering Russia to give them the firing squad they need it in a bad way.

The ceo is probably whipping his *** with my damn advance right now Angry. In short H&R Block I hope you choke on a flea and suffocate letting the buzzards come tongue punch your *** box.

User's recommendation: Stay way away from these scamming over priced ripping off prolly didn’t no who there mama was looking *** trust me

Gail E Xge

| map-marker Iron Mountain, Michigan

Problems with emerald mastercard

When I go online to check my balance, there is nowhere to go, as if I don't have a account, I call and it doesn't recognize my last 4 digits of card nor do they recognize social security number, and pay pal is not accepting my card, never had a issue, I think someone stole my card, please help me, and no they have not contacted me, I cannot find a real person to talk to that knows or understands my problem, I have 300 dollars out there somewhere and I can't get to it, there is no where for my work or social security to send my money, and I have bills that are due, I don't know what to do, can anyone help me, please

Loss:
Cons:
  • Can not get any help

Preferred solution: help me find my emerald card account

User's recommendation: Don't trust them

Kathleen B Obn

You won’t respond to me

Your computer made an error. I contacted an agent and explained that the agi calculation transferred to my state return was an error. They instructed me to hit submit and it would self correct .wrong now getting disturbing g correspondence from state

Preferred solution: Talk to me