My tax situation is pretty simple, I am single, have only one income, no mortgage, no dependents.I have started H&R Block online Free return program, and was given the option to Deluxe, then suggested that my situation was complicated and I needed to upgrade to Pro.

These options showed if I chose them, my state file fee will be free. But actually, with other tax return programs, both Federal and State file can be free. (Also at the beginning, they show both Federal and State file for free, but during the session, when you choose the upgrade options, it shows state file costs additional about $40.---then the option offers free state file fee, if you upgrade the program.) There were no options to downgrade, so I asked online chat support, and one time I deleted my account to get back to free or at least not Pro option; I started all the input over again. Then, finally, H&R Block program suggested me to use AT LEAST consulting with tax pro, who were with more than 10 years experience (plus about $60 fee).

I had been wondering that my situation was REALLY so complicated as they told me, but how could I know? So I took the option, sent W-2 form to the tax professional. Then she asked me to send my insurance form (1095-c) (in other program, and the form itself says I do not need to submit it to IRS so keep it as my record clearly), and my VISA status, my enter and re-enter dates to the US. Finally, after 2 weeks, I received the reply from her, that said my federal tax return amount was 1/3 as online calculation initially showed.

1/3 was really way over lower if I compare it to my last year tax return amount, so I asked her to explain the way she reviewed my return amount. For next 2 weeks, no answer, but a copied message "If you are happy, I am ready to file your tax return. I need your approval." Of course I was not happy at all, so I left the program, and used another free tax return service. Within 2 weeks, completely free, no need to send any of my forms, I have received full amount ( x3 amount what Tax Professional calculated) return.

Using H&R Block was totally waste of my time, and their upgrade options were ripoff, and the tax professional with 13 years of experience was useless, even totally harmful. I still cannot believe that such a big name company provides such a terrible service, and a person who might be 'tax professional' can such a irresponsible and unprofessional work, but this is what really happened to me.

If I had trusted that 'tax professional,' I would have paid to lose a lot of money.Do not trust H&R Block's offers easily, and lose your money.

Review about: Hr Block Tax Software.

Had an Experience with Hr Block?

Comments