18.6K views

I was told by the person who prepared my taxes that I would receive my tax refund "faster" if I used the H&R Block Emerald Card and that all I would have to do is take the card into my bank and tell the teller to transfer the money from my card to my checking acct. Found out by accident that not only will it cost me $25.00 to do so BUT if I wanted to do it free of charge, I'd have to fill out a form and fax it back to them requesting the xfer.

Then wait 5-7 days for the friggen money to be available to xfer.

***! I could have simply requested to have the money direct deposited to my checking account! They are basically holding your money hostage unless you use their card for purchases and request cashback all over the place.

DON'T USE IT! IT'S NOT WORTH IT!!!!!!

Comments

I was told by the person who prepared my taxes that I would receive my tax refund "faster" if I used the H&R Block Emerald Card and that all I would have to do is take the card into my bank and tell the teller to transfer the money from my card to my checking acct. I also found out that it would cost me $35 to transfer the funds to my bank account. BUT if I wanted to do it free of charge, I'd have to fill out a form and fax it back to them requesting the xfer.Then wait 5-7 days for the transfer.When I called the 866 # I received a wise guy attitude from the person at Emerald who told me that I should have read the terms of service before accepting the card.So now HR Block gets another $35 on top of the high fees that I already paid them!I have had HR Block do my taxes for the past 6 years....next year I will go somewhere else!

I just called to complain!!!!They close at 5:00 it's 7:14pmNo help.nothing on A Saturday night going to have to wait until Monday....I should be calm by then....fk!!!!!

I found out the hard way that when I took card to bank to deposit money for every transfer they charged $35. I could have used the ATM and been charged less.

stay away from this H&R Block Emerald card scam they take money from you faster than your Banks do. There are so many hidden fees associated with this card they say there are free ATMs but there are not you will get charged $3 per transaction even though you use a free ATM this is the biggest scam I have ever run into

#1120284

I just found out the h and r block/ Emerald had closed my account wth them from last year. I had my taxes put into the same account as last year and h and r block/emerald rejected the direct deposit because they closed my account now my return is going to take 5 extra weeks and I e-filed on Jan 30. Wth Emerald!

What is the maximum withdrawal on the card at one time?

Anyone with common sense knows that HRBlock does not control tax refunds the IRS does!

Go to bank and pull seven hundred out at a time it's a three dollar fee or get cash back at stores they don't charge u anything!!

to Anonymous #1129659

just go into a bank you can pull it all off for 5$ fee by using counter withdrawl

my husband and i filed married jointly..... i had it direct deposited into my sons ssi bank account......will my husband need be present to withdraw taxes? or can i alone ?

This card is not worth using believe me! it will cost you more than

what you get. They charge .85 cents per day, you do the math!!!

Atlanta, Georgia, United States #1007648

Well I order the card for my Ssi check to be direct deposit into the card for every monthly payment and purchase so I can get the reward every month and to try to open up a savings account with them and even get a small loan I'm so glad that you told me guess so I will not try to open the account in the cardcome out on even activated can anybody help me to find Prepaid card for my Ssi check

to A desperate person need help #1106938

Wal-Mary prepayed card not the cheapest one it like $5 dollars and like $3mt use it it never done me wrong great card the debit card one it's black and I use it everywhere and can use it for anybuy u want just like bank debit

to A desperate person need help #1107842

Yeah American express bluebird

to A desperate person need help #1436436

I just found out a couple months ago about a card you order online called a bluebird card. It doesn't have all the fees that all other cards have and I believe can be used pretty much anywhere these other cards can so you might want to check it out

yes it will allow I have the same saying right now I do 1150 weekly and it accepts it

I have been using the emerald card for 8 years and have loved everything about it. I hIghly recommend it

to jw #1107352

My cards have been stolen 3 times now. Not a very secure card....

Jackson Hewitt is that you? lol

I enjoy the card and service.

to Anonymous Eureka, California, United States #970788

so did the funds actually get put on your Emerald card quicker? If you received the funds on your card a lot quicker then you normally would have to wait you got what you wanted and what do you expect, its a bank, of course there going to apply fees for a money transfer.

sounds like someone was trying to cut corners and didn't look ahead.