Hr Block - DO NOT USE the H&R Block Emerald Card

404 of 661 Hr Block reviews

I was told by the person who prepared my taxes that I would receive my tax refund "faster" if I used the H&R Block Emerald Card and that all I would have to do is take the card into my bank and tell the teller to transfer the money from my card to my checking acct.Found out by accident that not only will it cost me $25.00 to do so BUT if I wanted to do it free of charge, I'd have to fill out a form and fax it back to them requesting the xfer.

Then wait 5-7 days for the friggen money to be available to xfer.

***! I could have simply requested to have the money direct deposited to my checking account! They are basically holding your money hostage unless you use their card for purchases and request cashback all over the place.

DON'T USE IT!IT'S NOT WORTH IT!!!!!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 84 Yes 84 364 No 364
Had the same issue 44 Yes 44
404 of 661 Hr Block reviews

Mar 01, 2016 #1120284

I just found out the h and r block/ Emerald had closed my account wth them from last year. I had my taxes put into the same account as last year and h and r block/emerald rejected the direct deposit because they closed my account now my return is going to take 5 extra weeks and I e-filed on Jan 30. Wth Emerald!

Feb 10, 2016 #1109454

What is the maximum withdrawal on the card at one time?

Feb 06, 2016 #1107725

Anyone with common sense knows that HRBlock does not control tax refunds the IRS does!

2 0 Reply

Feb 05, 2016 #1107169

Go to bank and pull seven hundred out at a time it's a three dollar fee or get cash back at stores they don't charge u anything!!

Mar 18, 2016 #1129659

just go into a bank you can pull it all off for 5$ fee by using counter withdrawl

Feb 01, 2016 #1104362

my husband and i filed married jointly..... i had it direct deposited into my sons ssi bank account......will my husband need be present to withdraw taxes? or can i alone ?

Jan 22, 2016 #1099053

This card is not worth using believe me! it will cost you more than
what you get. They charge .85 cents per day, you do the math!!!

1 2 Reply
A desperate person need help

Jul 14, 2015 #1007648 Atlanta, Georgia, United States

Well I order the card for my Ssi check to be direct deposit into the card for every monthly payment and purchase so I can get the reward every month and to try to open up a savings account with them and even get a small loan I'm so glad that you told me guess so I will not try to open the account in the cardcome out on even activated can anybody help me to find Prepaid card for my Ssi check

Feb 05, 2016 #1106938

Wal-Mary prepayed card not the cheapest one it like $5 dollars and like $3mt use it it never done me wrong great card the debit card one it's black and I use it everywhere and can use it for anybuy u want just like bank debit

Feb 07, 2016 #1107842

Yeah American express bluebird

1 0 Reply

May 16, 2015 #984971

yes it will allow I have the same saying right now I do 1150 weekly and it accepts it

jw

May 16, 2015 #984969

I have been using the emerald card for 8 years and have loved everything about it. I hIghly recommend it

8 0 Reply

Feb 05, 2016 #1107352

My cards have been stolen 3 times now. Not a very secure card....

Mar 31, 2015 #966118

Jackson Hewitt is that you? lol
I enjoy the card and service.

3 2 Reply

Apr 11, 2015 #970788 Eureka, California, United States

so did the funds actually get put on your Emerald card quicker? If you received the funds on your card a lot quicker then you normally would have to wait you got what you wanted and what do you expect, its a bank, of course there going to apply fees for a money transfer. sounds like someone was trying to cut corners and didn't look ahead.

15 1 Reply
Irritatedanddisapointef

Dec 12, 2014 #914875

We had our card stolen. We have been with them twenty eight years and they are trying to tell us the card was over drawn and we couldn't get a loan like we usually do around Christmas until we pay $350.00. For one thing, what a way to treat a long time customer and why should we pay for someone else's ignorance and how do you over draw a prepaid card in the first place? Thanks to H&R Block, Christmas is going to be very slim.

0 3 Reply
rich

Feb 04, 2014 #781997

If I use the em card for direct deposit will it allow deposits of over $1, 000 weekly? Somebody told me no so now I'm wondering.

1 0 Reply
SmarterThanYou

Dec 25, 2013 #763824

I've used this card for 9-10 years now. I use it for everything a normal bank would do. I've paid no fees or weird costs, direct deposit goes in early and it spends online. Don't know what issue you're having but I love my account

6 1 Reply
SmarterThanYou

Dec 25, 2013 #763822

Or you could have gone and withdrawn the full amount and deposited the cash

4 0 Reply

1-20 of 62 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Hr Block. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Hr Block.
Filing a new complaint about
×