8K views
2.9
Additional Fees
Turnaround Time

I've been a customer for 15 years. I applied for the advance yesterday and filed my taxes which was 1-5-18.

I was approved for a loan. That's great I thought, so I asked how much am I approved for. She actually stated, I have no way of knowing. My head started hurting with the thought.

I really just got a loan and don't no the amount. Within 3 minutes I received a text saying you were approved for 500 bucks. I really had to catch my breath, I'm getting back over 5000 with no offsets. I told the tax professional.

Cancel the loan I don't want it the amount is low. She told me there was no option to cancel.

I wanted to scream. At that moment they lost a loyal customer.

Product or Service Mentioned: Hr Block Loan.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jan 06.

Comments

You sound like b-i-t-c-h I fell bad for the rep that you probably flipped out on when it wasn't her fault at all.

Some of these answers are childish. The question was they didn't no how much the loan was approved for.

Really and she got a loan because she could nobody's business why. There's rich people getting loans and 5000 isn't alot of money if u think it is then u have a personal problem. Lol. Happy Thanksgiving.

Another thing wouldn't u wanna no how much money you're borrowing. If not then u must be in debt already.

to Concerned Customer #1608896

To some people $5000 is Alot of money,and most people struggle everyday just to put food on the table. Stop judging people not your job. Merry Christmas lol

They approve your loans on the amount you get back and if your am loyal customer.

to Anonymous #1598357

So u only get the advance if u have been going to h and r for years?

to Anonymous #1601040

its based on credit worthiness. it is a loan.

to Anonymous #1605460

No the loans are approved by a credit check and the bank decides what you are approved for . There is no fee to try and if you are approved they do take the fee out of the funds you receive.

This is 45.00 and they do charge interest on the monies loaned until paid back , pay back date is Fed 15th of 2019 and yes you can have this paid back using your refund .

The loans can be denied for a whole host of reasons. This is by no means up to the tax pro who is taking the application , all they do is answer the questions and submit it for approval and the bank ( not even an H&R Bank ) is the one who approves or denies the loans.

to Anonymous1 #1611052

This is the only helpful comment. Thank you

They don't know how much your going to be approved for because its like applying for a store credit card. They run your credit and decide the amount your approved for. I think you over reacted a little.

h.kitchener

Why would you need a loan if you are going to get 5 grand from actual taxpaying individuals while not having any actual tax liability? We are not sympathetic.

to h.kitchener #1415502

Not asking for sympathy I'm looking for a answer. I was getting a loan for my personal reasons.

Please if you can't at least TRY to answer the question, why even bother to answer. You're not Dr. Phil. How do you no I don't have tax liability?

O I forgot this is your blog and you already have the answers. Lil.

to Anonymous #1552538

The loan goes based on your credit and what the bank approves not what your getting back they have no control over it