This is an issue with Emerald Advance, a partner with H&R Block. I have spent 5 days now dealing with their ignorant customer service team, who has laughed at my issue, spoke to me rudely, and even hung up on me after requesting to speak to a supervisor.

My taxes came through fine and then Emerald Advance took the money I owed them for a line of credit and then $350 was supposed to go into a savings account to use throughout the year and maintain my line of credit with them. Well after they took their money, it has been crickets chirping. They will not release my funds nor will they give me any kind of resolution. They just keep telling me 3-5 business days.

I need a number to call to press charges of fraud against them for illegally withholding my money, can anyone help with this. I will also, never use H&R Block again.

This service that has been given to me, is not fit for the dirt on my shoes. I have never in my life had such a terrible experience with customer service, like I have with them.

Product or Service Mentioned: Hr Block Emerald Prepaid Card.

Reason of review: I want my money!.

Comments

BestBirdsOfParadise222

I’m having the same problem, can’t use this useless card. It’s been declined everywhere I have tried to use it.

I will never use H&R Block again. Every time I’ve tried to contact them about this I have been forwarded to a group of people with thick accents who are no help at all, they hang up on me, and my local Block office is closed. To say I’m angry is unsatisfying. I need that money.

Be warned, anyone out there. These people are not there to help.

AverageNewt

I to am dealing with that issue right now. I have been trying to get my $350 released now since January.

I have been given 5 dates now. April 4 being the last date they gave me. Well here it is April 4 and still no released!!

If anyone had someone that can be contacted to resolve this issue... please help because I’ve been trying to get my money for 3 months now!

I too was robbed of 3,some odd dollars and was denied after filing everything and talking to rude,unprofessional people. What can I do now?

I had the same issue but with $1000. Come to find out the $1000 never went to the savings it went to the emerald line of credit section so check that out to see if your $350 went there.

When u remove the funds they charge u monthly on that. So I withdrew it and closed the emerald line of credit.

h.kitchener

You might wish open a bank or credit union account and use that account next year for direct deposit of your refund. This method bypasses the nonsense you seem to have encountered. Just a thought.