1.2K views
Additional Fees
Turnaround Time

So I am at home making lunch when I start to get alerts on my phone. Someone is charging huge amounts of money in a different state on my card that is in my wallet .

I immediately change my pin then call Emerald card. I file a fraud claim and they tell me while I was on the phone they declined a charge. They told me it would be investigated and my money should be back in my account in about 3 days . Two days later my paycheck is deposited but my account is closed.

Money in limbo. Called Emerald and found out they let more charges come through the account. I have never have that kind of money in my account EVER...and I had already claimed fraud... What idiots!!!

Anyway, they had cancelled the account because of the charges they let through. Luckily my paycheck is safe(hopefully). Long story short .. the fraud girl said after a long phone call that she could not prove that I had not made the charges myself.

So apparently,I am a Time Lord who can travel from Georgia to Florida in a blink of an eye in my trusty Tardis.

I was robbed of $272...however they allowed another $391 through after the fraud claim. Save Youself Don’t Use Emerald Card!

Product or Service Mentioned: Hr Block Emerald Prepaid Card.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

My card number was stolen and used with out my card ,how is this possible ?

ZestyBlackbird653

On March 3, 2019 three (3) fraudulent charges was made my Emerald card while I'm sitting at home with my in my wallet. My card was being used at The Maxx and pier one equalling $598.

Of course I called them right away to dispute these charges, 4 days later I received a letter in the mail saying those charges look like "normal", at stores I've never shopped at nor was there any other charges made to those stores. They took my claim for a second time and I had to write a letter and I'm getting the run around, NO direct number to The fraud claim department they will only call you.. which I'm only off during the week Monday and Tuesday.. still haven't heard nothing.

Today I was given my 3rd claim number and still out of $598 and nothing is being done.

This Emerald card company should be ashamed, I'm quite sure they have insurance and the ability to find out who AND how their card is being hacked versus putting a costumer threw a bunch of *** when I'm the dam victim. Money was stolen from me, I am a single mother this *** is horrible and I will NEVER use them again.

Going through same situation only they allowed over 2000 to be taken after I tried to cancel card. Told me I would see money back in 4 days. Needless to say it's been 10

Same thing just happened to me tonight.

I’m still waiting on my money I kept calling and calling to close my card but they kept hanging up on me finally got to speak with someone they helped closed the card but while the close my account money was being took off smh idk

hr block sucks