1.4
Additional Fees
Turnaround Time

When I filed my 2018 Taxes, I was given the "Opportunity" to put money in an Emerald Savings account. I was told that I could have this money set aside and if I had an emergency or needed it for something special I could TRANSFER it onto my Emerald debit card that the rest of my refund was put on.

A few months later, my family needed the money for an overdue bill.

I got online to do the transfer and my money was not in my Emerald Savings. It had been transferred into an "Advance Line of Credit" that I could use and then pay back with fees and Interest, etc.!!

I called customer service to get the money put back into Emerald Savings where it was supposed to be. I read them my contract that says Emerald Savings has immediate access and I can transfer money out of my savings for use on my card. I talked to 6 different people and spent over an hour on the phone.

They said I would have to close the Advance Loan thing and it would take 2-3 business days (which I did not have for the bill I needed to pay). Two weeks later I called them again and talked to 3 people. The rep I talked to gave me a reference # and said it would take 3-5 business days to close the Advance Loan and put the money in my Emerald Savings. 5 days later my money was still not available.

I talked to 2 people. The last one was a supervisor named Chris. He said to check back in 4 hours (which would be the middle of the night). This morning I called again and spoke to 2 people - the last one was a supervisor named Alex.

He said that they were "working on" closing the Advance line of Credit (which is not what I signed up for) and that my money was "on hold" and that there would be a FEE for closing the Advance Line of Credit. I told him that I should not be charged a FEE for THEIR companies mistake (or scam). I asked to speak to HIS supervisor, but he said there is none. I guess Alex runs H & R Block.

He said something about someone calling me and hung up on me. I just want MY money that was supposed to be put in MY "Emerald Savings" to be made available to me like the contract says--Without fees for their mistake or scam--It is not looking like that will happen.

Product or Service Mentioned: Hr Block Tax Return.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Hr Block Cons: Mistakes by company, Held savings hostage lost prepaid phone time upset fee waiting.

• hidden fees