36.3K views

I recieved a letter with a plastic card included with information about the H&R Block Emerald Advance. Which, yes on approved credit, based on what your antisapated tax return will be, will loan you up to $1000.

I brought all the information and papers needed to my H&R Block agent. I was told to antisapate a return of $8,470.00. How ever my loan was denied within 2 seconds of my agent pressing the send button.

My agent said (I quote) "I'm sorry your loan wasn't approved. It's sad 80% of the loans aren't. I've only had one approved that I have done. People get their hopes up and well...you should get your w-2's soon."

80%!!!!

Why even bother to waste the paper and plastic cards with loans % like that!!!

Had an Experience with Hr Block?

Comments

I was denied last year which was my first year filing with h and r block. Will I be denied again?

I was denied 2 years ago because the credit bueau couldn't recognize me. I had to write a letter with all my info on it and last yr I got approved! Have an appointment Thursday for this year

I get it every year..the whole $1000... Perfect time to help with the holidays

I have never been denied. Maybe because I have done my taxes there for the last 22 years. Love this service!!!

New London, Wisconsin, United States #1240072

How does this advance work

My credit if shot and they still gave me 500$ advance

to Anonymous Glasgow, Kentucky, United States #1277939

Did u get back a big refund and how long did it take for u to find out

You are done doing business with them because you have bad credit? Guess you do the same at the bank you use to then right?

Yes I have been filling with them since 1988 I have only received one loan and have been getting denied every since. So I have not been back to h&r block since......why pay all of your money to them to get your taxes prepared and you are denied the loan.......sad.

I did my taxes myself online with h and r block.To get a 1,000 back on emerald advance h and r block say now I can only get an advance for 350.00 because I did online and now a new customer so watch that!!!!

better then nothing I guess.