Hr Block - H&R Block Emerald Advance up to $1000

599 of 661 Hr Block reviews

I recieved a letter with a plastic card included with information about the H&R Block Emerald Advance. Which, yes on approved credit, based on what your antisapated tax return will be, will loan you up to $1000.

I brought all the information and papers needed to my H&R Block agent. I was told to antisapate a return of $8,470.00. How ever my loan was denied within 2 seconds of my agent pressing the send button.

My agent said (I quote) "I'm sorry your loan wasn't approved. It's sad 80% of the loans aren't. I've only had one approved that I have done. People get their hopes up and well...you should get your w-2's soon."

80%!!!!

Why even bother to waste the paper and plastic cards with loans % like that!!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

599 of 661 Hr Block reviews

Jan 05, 2016 #1089371

My credit if shot and they still gave me 500$ advance

Dec 03, 2015 #1073126

You are done doing business with them because you have bad credit? Guess you do the same at the bank you use to then right?

1 1 Reply

Nov 23, 2015 #1068280

Yes I have been filling with them since 1988 I have only received one loan and have been getting denied every since. So I have not been back to h&r block since......why pay all of your money to them to get your taxes prepared and you are denied the loan.......sad.

7 0 Reply

Nov 13, 2015 #1063233

I did my taxes myself online with h and r block. To get a 1,000 back on emerald advance h and r block say now I can only get an advance for 350.00 because I did online and now a new customer so watch that!!!! better then nothing I guess.

2 0 Reply

Nov 07, 2015 #1060057

We get the loan every year and we have horrible credit, as long as you have a job and always pay them back your guaranteed

19 21 Reply

Nov 19, 2015 #1066589

I went today have been with H @R block for three years and been at the same job for 9 years aplied for the advanced loan and was denied last year was aproved for only 350.00 this year nothing ....H @ R block just lost me as a customer. ...

2 0 Reply

Nov 23, 2015 #1068666

Not true

Nov 21, 2016 #1244175

I just went today after being an H&R Block customer for 8 years and doing the line of credit for 7 years and was denied. Should be recieving almost $10,000 for tax refund and nothing has changed. We always paid them back on time and have always got the $1000 line of credit. I don't know what is different this year but thats the only reason we continued to use H&R Block for our tax preperation. They just lost our business and I am sure many more to come. Best of luck to everyone this year o. The line of credit.

1 0 Reply

Nov 07, 2015 #1059779

I have been using HR block for 5 years.I went to get an Emerald Advance last year I told the lady I was raising my grandson she didn't put it in the computer so I was denied she said I wouldn't get enough back to get a loan.I went back 2days later another person reset it within 10 minutes 900.00 was loaded to my card.

5 4 Reply

Dec 08, 2014 #913110

I've never had a problem with H and R Block

7 0 Reply

Nov 25, 2014 #906080 Belleview, Florida, United States

I am so pissed F u h & R block says i have insufficient cash flow which is not the case!!

Me

Dec 04, 2014 #910622 Little Rock, Arkansas, United States

What mine said. Ahhhhwish I would have know and not wasted my time. My agent was super sweet though.

Nov 25, 2014 #905967 Seattle, Washington, United States

I got denied too. How incredibly disheartening...Ive been a client for YEARS. My 6 year old and I really needed that.

1 3 Reply

Nov 24, 2014 #905550

I am going to see if I get approved tonight. If I do not they will lose a customer that's for sure. I will do it my *** self.

3 0 Reply
upset loyal consumer

Nov 24, 2014 #905505 Saginaw, Michigan, United States

I was always approved for a h&r loan and today I was denied for a loan so now I don't think I will continue my tax services wit h&r block nd I have been a consumer for over 14years

3 0 Reply

1-20 of 92 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.