43.9K views

I recieved a letter with a plastic card included with information about the H&R Block Emerald Advance. Which, yes on approved credit, based on what your antisapated tax return will be, will loan you up to $1000.

I brought all the information and papers needed to my H&R Block agent. I was told to antisapate a return of $8,470.00. How ever my loan was denied within 2 seconds of my agent pressing the send button.

My agent said (I quote) "I'm sorry your loan wasn't approved. It's sad 80% of the loans aren't. I've only had one approved that I have done. People get their hopes up and well...you should get your w-2's soon."

80%!!!!

Why even bother to waste the paper and plastic cards with loans % like that!!!

Comments

I applied .Normally do my taxes myself.

But I was getting quite a bit more this year so I thought I would try for the advacne . Well I got the card and a couple hours later I was denied . I spent 366 dollars verses I could have file for free on the web. It's *** .

I could have gotten 3000 and that f&!@#* up bank would have gotten it back. It's like playing the lottery.

H & R Block should do more explaining and should check before they take a person's money.They are theifs.

This is a scam, they give you assurance to get at least 500 -3000 and then later on you'll found out that you were denied, if I have known that they will deny it I could have done it myself and won't pay 300 for processing fee.

Will I get the other portion of my advance when I take my w2 back

You cite a monetary loss of 1000 but you didnt actually lose ANY money- you just didn't get it early. 25% of people are denied not 80%.

to Sherri #1408146

How do you know, do you work for H&R block, more loans are denied then approved.

If u do go in and try to get the loan whats the interest on it and ru having to also pay them for preparing your taxes

I was denied last year which was my first year filing with h and r block. Will I be denied again?

I was denied 2 years ago because the credit bueau couldn't recognize me. I had to write a letter with all my info on it and last yr I got approved! Have an appointment Thursday for this year

I get it every year..the whole $1000... Perfect time to help with the holidays

I have never been denied. Maybe because I have done my taxes there for the last 22 years. Love this service!!!