36.3K views

I recieved a letter with a plastic card included with information about the H&R Block Emerald Advance. Which, yes on approved credit, based on what your antisapated tax return will be, will loan you up to $1000.

I brought all the information and papers needed to my H&R Block agent. I was told to antisapate a return of $8,470.00. How ever my loan was denied within 2 seconds of my agent pressing the send button.

My agent said (I quote) "I'm sorry your loan wasn't approved. It's sad 80% of the loans aren't. I've only had one approved that I have done. People get their hopes up and well...you should get your w-2's soon."

80%!!!!

Why even bother to waste the paper and plastic cards with loans % like that!!!

Had an Experience with Hr Block?

Comments

We get the loan every year and we have horrible credit, as long as you have a job and always pay them back your guaranteed

to Anonymous #1066589

I went today have been with H @R block for three years and been at the same job for 9 years aplied for the advanced loan and was denied last year was aproved for only 350.00 this year nothing ....H @ R block just lost me as a customer. ...

to Anonymous #1068666

Not true

to Anonymous #1244175

I just went today after being an H&R Block customer for 8 years and doing the line of credit for 7 years and was denied.Should be recieving almost $10,000 for tax refund and nothing has changed.

We always paid them back on time and have always got the $1000 line of credit. I don't know what is different this year but thats the only reason we continued to use H&R Block for our tax preperation. They just lost our business and I am sure many more to come.

Best of luck to everyone this year o.The line of credit.

I have been using HR block for 5 years.I went to get an Emerald Advance last year I told the lady I was raising my grandson she didn't put it in the computer so I was denied she said I wouldn't get enough back to get a loan.I went back 2days later another person reset it within 10 minutes 900.00 was loaded to my card.

Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States #993515

I get the advance every year no problem

Saginaw, Michigan, United States #934428

I need money for the wedding

I've never had a problem with H and R Block

Chicago, Illinois, United States #908338

I am suing them who want in.

Belleview, Florida, United States #906080

I am so pissed F u h & R block says i have insufficient cash flow which is not the case!!