36.3K views

I recieved a letter with a plastic card included with information about the H&R Block Emerald Advance. Which, yes on approved credit, based on what your antisapated tax return will be, will loan you up to $1000.

I brought all the information and papers needed to my H&R Block agent. I was told to antisapate a return of $8,470.00. How ever my loan was denied within 2 seconds of my agent pressing the send button.

My agent said (I quote) "I'm sorry your loan wasn't approved. It's sad 80% of the loans aren't. I've only had one approved that I have done. People get their hopes up and well...you should get your w-2's soon."

80%!!!!

Why even bother to waste the paper and plastic cards with loans % like that!!!

Had an Experience with Hr Block?

Comments

to Anonymous Little Rock, Arkansas, United States #910622

What mine said. Ahhhhwish I would have know and not wasted my time. My agent was super sweet though.

Seattle, Washington, United States #905967

I got denied too. How incredibly disheartening...Ive been a client for YEARS. My 6 year old and I really needed that.

I am going to see if I get approved tonight. If I do not they will lose a customer that's for sure. I will do it my *** self.

Saginaw, Michigan, United States #905505

I was always approved for a h&r loan and today I was denied for a loan so now I don't think I will continue my tax services wit h&r block nd I have been a consumer for over 14years

Columbia, Missouri, United States #905472

H&R Block sucks!!!

Columbia, Missouri, United States #905469

I was denied this year.The code was to many credit inquires on my credit report.

I bought a new car this year. I have used H&R block for 17 years now and received loans in the past and paid them back on time and in full!!! HSBC Bank is even on my credit report/Experian with a positive standing!!!

I was listening to others in the office that were way less qualifying than I for sure am!!!I've held my job for over 5 years and more $$ than I did last year.

Yazoo City, Mississippi, United States #905406

I agree.H&R block is a rip off!

My husband and I have gotten the advance with them the past two year, and we both have decent credit. Then, I apply this year and it gave us a code (06) saying that we were denied. The code said we had insufficient cash flow for 2015.... which makes ZERO sense.

I called and the operator at the call center said that code shows up for seasonal workers. My husband is not a "seasonal" worker. He has been at this job for 2 years and works 6 days a week. The "tax professional" said that we make twice as much as the last 2 other people made that just got approved, and she said it didnt make sense either.

I will not use H&R block anymore.

We had planned to use the money for christmas.It is rather disappointing.

to Unhappy ex-customer Maysville, Kentucky, United States #1074915

The same thing happened to me and they reset it and still 06 code this was using my husbands pay stub. My husband applied and his had 3 codes but not a 06 code. If his pay stub gave me a 06 code which should not be the case then why didn't my husband get a 06 code?

#820740

H&R block is a *** rip off...They are the kings of false advertisement.

First I was told I wouldn't be charged atm withdrawal fees as long as I used all point atms but yet H&R block charged me every time I withdrew money.

Then I got approved for the cash advance and was told as long as I pay it back in time I would have a line of credit all year round but when I tried to access that line of credit I was told there was steps I had to take to be able to access this line of credit but wasn't informed of these steps until I tried to access the line of credit.Basically a bunch of bs

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States #764697

I went also to the so called Emerald BS and got similar results.I think there should be some kind of Class Action law suit brought against them for false advertisement.

I am thinking the same thing.They are just marketing for customers.