44.2K views

I recieved a letter with a plastic card included with information about the H&R Block Emerald Advance. Which, yes on approved credit, based on what your antisapated tax return will be, will loan you up to $1000.

I brought all the information and papers needed to my H&R Block agent. I was told to antisapate a return of $8,470.00. How ever my loan was denied within 2 seconds of my agent pressing the send button.

My agent said (I quote) "I'm sorry your loan wasn't approved. It's sad 80% of the loans aren't. I've only had one approved that I have done. People get their hopes up and well...you should get your w-2's soon."

80%!!!!

Why even bother to waste the paper and plastic cards with loans % like that!!!

Comments

Lol oops HR BLOCK just LOST a customer...... :p

I call to make an appointment for the emerald advanced as always how i been doing for the past 6 to 7 years...am told that am suppose to call some number to get started on the application before i go to the office in which it was a headache for almost am hour with someone that couldn't hear or get the information right when i was told i did part on the phone the rest in the office she did the whole application on the phone then after all this hour specking to someone that can't hardly understand what ur telling them when u told them one things over and over she put a machine to tell me am denied first time in 7 yrs.......

:( :x :sigh :p 8) ;) :grin :) :roll :? :cry

I have done the advance for the past 2 years because about that time something seems to wrong with the house. And it has always been a pain.

The first year they sent me a payment and I paid it and they ended up still taking it out of my tax check so I over paid $55(not like their fees aren't too much anyway) and I called six different times and never got the money back. So this past year I thought I would be smart and take all the money off the card at once and don't pay the fee and let them just take out of my tax check. After all was said and done they said I owed them $22. I said screw it it wasn't worth the hassle and vowed to never use it again.

Two weeks later it was showing a balance on my card for $19.

Called them to send my a check and cancel the card because I didn't want more fees added. I DON'T PLAN ON USING IT THIS YEAR!!!

The H & R block tax refund loan is just that. It is not guaranteed.

I usually get it, but I NEVER depend on it. If you are routinely getting that much back, you need to fix the amount being withheld on your paycheck. you are giving the government a loan. The cards in the mail are just like ads from car, cable, and credit card companies...mass mailings to bring people in.

They don't mean you will be approved. Changes like marriage/ divorce/ a new kid/ lower credit can mean you won't get it because your taxes may be different or you may be a credit risk now.

to ClPhillips Texas City, Texas, United States #747286

shame on hr block

I went this year too and I got denied because I pay my bills off too fast. The rep told me I need to pay them off slowly that's how u establish credit. That's the most dumb thing I ever heard

all of us need to file our taxes somewhere else this year and they will see how it feels. if noone uses the loan at tax time maybe they will think before they get our hopes up.

I have 2 children ages 14 & 9. Ive always enjoyed getting the things they put on their list and a few more items as a surprise.

This is the 11th year ive filed with HRBlock and the 4th Ive applied for EA so when I was denied today you can imagine how unprepared Im feeling right now. I just got married this year to a man Ive been with for 13 years and he has decided to become a loser so as soon as Christmas is over Im seeking a divorce, I lost my job this year and have been working part time for the local school board (huge decrease in pay), then Im denied because my projected income is too low. Im getting back est $8,000 but HRblock denies me anyway.

THIS IS TERRIBLE!!! I guess the lesson here is "always have a backup plan!!!!"

My husband and I were aproved for the whole 1000 this year it was 900 on the card by the time we left the office. 55 goes on after a few days 45 was the price of the loan, so some people do get it with no issues :zzz

:? i am so nervous to go try this. I have been doing this for years as well.

My credit is ok but could be better. Like everyone else this money would be a blessing and not to mention its money we work for...

I went to HR block for the cash advance like I do every year and after puttin all my info in she says you were denied because you are not any HR block cust..I said I come every year and am approved(also had the letter they send out with my name on it) so she turns the screen so I can see and I see some random name at the top and I ask her who is that, she says that's not your name uhhh no you have my I.D in your hand so needless to say she used someone elses name and my info so my S.S # and birthday are attached to someone else and when she went back to try to fix it ,it just kicked me out..after waiting all day to find out if it could be fixed she calls and says don't wait for any money cause it gonna take days to be fixed and am not sure if it will even work. While telling her boss what happened she says but why didn't she tell me that wasn't her name she sat right there why I put it in.really wtf she blamed it on me ...way to treat your loyal cust !! Awesome HR BLOCK

:cry goo to *** hr block :(

Thanks for the heads up, but I dont understand why would they even mail out the papers getting my hopes up? Glad my kids know im a hard working single parent who income tax check belong to them after i catch up with the bills!

So my x-mas tree will be up till i get my refund and im getting it done at the federal building for free!!! So long h&r block I need all my money every penny!!!

I went to apply for the $1,000 this year like have done since they began doing this years ago and was only approved for $500. I have always been approved for the full amount.

I was really relying on that money for bills and christmas, after reading previous posts I guess I need to be thankful that I even got that much. Now i just need to hope my utilities dont get shut off!

I have gone to H&R Block since 2002 I get a $10,000 refund and they cant even give me $1,000 of it. I will be calling to speak with someone I want to know why I didnt get the full amount, the lady that did the loan said she has no clue why but not many people are getting the $1,000

I am so nervous to go into my appt now. After reading all these cuz i been going to HR since 2001 to do my taxes & for the last 2 years i have relied on this loa.

I have 2 disabled children & just tryn to give my 4 kids a good chirstmas. I have to take my baby to Standford childrens hospital on the 12th & 13th of December 2011. So i am prayn for this loan & now i am nervous cuz god knws we need this.

Ive injured myself @ 1 job so cnt do my 2nd job this year. :sigh

I have been getting the advance since it started. It has always been what I use for Christmas.

My credit is better this year, that any previous years. I went in this year...and flat out denied. She said it was because they aren't on with the same bank anymore.

Now we are just a number. It is not personal anymore.

im going to try and get the emerald advance this morning.im kinda nervous now after reading these comments.i did my taxes online at h & r block website the past 3 years and i have bad credit!!im kinda thinkin im gonna get denied.but i really need the money for all 3 off my kids christmas cause ive been off work for maternity leave!!

Today my husband and I went to our local H&R Block and was denied our emerald advance. We both didn't understand why when last year we were approved instantly.

Our credit is even better than it was last year. Not to mention, we noticed our tax professional was imputing the wrong numbers for our income and when she tried to go back, we don't think all the numbers were corrected. Our reason for being denied was due to our income supposedly, but it seems quite odd when our income hasn't changed from last year's. We are so disappointed and just like everyone else, our Christmas will no longer be happening.

Guess we need to tell our kids that Santa gave us a rain check. How sad=(

How are you guys doing this before December? In years past we had to wait until a few days in to December to apply for this.