32.4K views

I recieved a letter with a plastic card included with information about the H&R Block Emerald Advance. Which, yes on approved credit, based on what your antisapated tax return will be, will loan you up to $1000.

I brought all the information and papers needed to my H&R Block agent. I was told to antisapate a return of $8,470.00. How ever my loan was denied within 2 seconds of my agent pressing the send button.

My agent said (I quote) "I'm sorry your loan wasn't approved. It's sad 80% of the loans aren't. I've only had one approved that I have done. People get their hopes up and well...you should get your w-2's soon."

80%!!!!

Why even bother to waste the paper and plastic cards with loans % like that!!!

Had an Experience with Hr Block?

Comments

#581970

I also have been getting my taxes done there every year since I was 16.(I am now 32) I also have gotten the Emerald Advance every year, but now-- denied.

Even with perfect credit history from them. I agree with most everyone else on here.. I will no longer use HR Block, their overly expensive on preparation fees-- the only perks was the enerald advance and rapid refund...

now they don't do either of those anymore.Looks like I'll only pay 50 bucks this year instead of over 200-- Thanks HR block, you saved me money by me not using your services.

Same happen to me I have been a customer of there for 14 years I got the loan for 4 years straight last year I was denied they said they are doing credit checks now ...well they lost me as a customer I left them thanks for nothing

:( thinking I was gonna get it I planned for nothing I had to run around borrowing money left in tears

Its amazing how ive done my taxes for yrs wit h n r block n have goy theemerald advanced every yr for 4 yrs n i waa denied! Seriously wtf is that! Ill do my taxes somewhere else this yr!

its *** been doing it for a couple of years now always got it today i was denied why?? its coming right off the top of my taxes they take it out right up front this is bull probably wont be using hand r block any more and have been since 1993

I don't count on the loan, but since I have gotten it every year just for a little extra at christmas....I got denied!!Total *** if you ask me.

My refund is HUGE because I am a full time paying college student.

The point is I can't believe they are denying for a tax anticipation....If I wanted to be credit approved I would go to the bank.REALLY H&R you are loosing so much business you need to wake up!!!

:( :(

Like a lot of ppl I have been an HR Block Client for years and always got the Emerald Loan with no problem.This year, I go in on Monday, the gentleman that did my application was nice enough, however not experienced enough.

I caught him making mistakes and pointed them out, however there was one mistake I didn't see. My birthday was put in as 2012! I was denied of course because according to that I am a baby..lol. So they said they would reset it, called me at 4pm same day said it was reset but computer hadn't updated yet.

Ok, I am frustrated but as long as it gets fixed by Wed I'm good. Tuesday, still not going through, Wed, still not going through. I go to another office, they try and see that it was corrected and put back through on Tuesday but was denied. Ok I have NEVER been denied the loan,so that was a shock.

However, I am VERY upset because had someone told me this happened Tuesday I could have tried other loan arrangements. Now it is too late for my Thanksgiving! I didn't want to have 2 loan apps going at the same time, now I am screwed. What about us loyal HR Block customers that have gotten this loan every year and paid it back faithfully every year?????

My loan and payment history plus my estimated refund should be enough to show I am worthy enough!!!

HR Block just lost our...

I will not be using h&r block for this years taxes.I have been a customer with them for 17 years and have now just been denied the advance.

Was told pretty much my income is not enough to cover my bills every year. But they dont look at if you have someone else living in your household that also earns income.

I feel very singled out right now and will be doing my taxes else where!Sorry I am not rich and married!

Welcome to capitalist America, if they can't make money off of you then you are useless.Sad but true.

How do you think this nation got rich?

GREED!If the love of money is truly the root of all evil, then maybe America IS Babylon, the Scarlett *** of the west.

Well this loan has been a blessing to me and my husband for our extra items on our childrens list. I pray all goes well this year 4 us and every1 else.