36.3K views

I recieved a letter with a plastic card included with information about the H&R Block Emerald Advance. Which, yes on approved credit, based on what your antisapated tax return will be, will loan you up to $1000.

I brought all the information and papers needed to my H&R Block agent. I was told to antisapate a return of $8,470.00. How ever my loan was denied within 2 seconds of my agent pressing the send button.

My agent said (I quote) "I'm sorry your loan wasn't approved. It's sad 80% of the loans aren't. I've only had one approved that I have done. People get their hopes up and well...you should get your w-2's soon."

80%!!!!

Why even bother to waste the paper and plastic cards with loans % like that!!!

Had an Experience with Hr Block?

Comments

to Anonymous #1247754

If you would read the comments... no it dosent just go by credit!

Lafayette, Louisiana, United States #583043

How much u have to make to get the loan ??????

I have always been approved for the Emerald Advance.However, if your student loans are delinquent and show up on your credit report that loan may not be approved.

That's the reason mine was not. It makes sense though if the government is going to take the student loan. How does H&R Block know they will get their money back.

Listen sometimes in life there is another door the blessing needs to come through.Just be encouraged and trust The MOST High who is also known as Jehova Jireh.

to Soneta Phoenix, Arizona, United States #597883

You claim your always approved and then you say you were denied!!! Which is it? Looks like your student loans are a waste of money and time!!

#581970

I also have been getting my taxes done there every year since I was 16.(I am now 32) I also have gotten the Emerald Advance every year, but now-- denied.

Even with perfect credit history from them. I agree with most everyone else on here.. I will no longer use HR Block, their overly expensive on preparation fees-- the only perks was the enerald advance and rapid refund...

now they don't do either of those anymore.Looks like I'll only pay 50 bucks this year instead of over 200-- Thanks HR block, you saved me money by me not using your services.

Same happen to me I have been a customer of there for 14 years I got the loan for 4 years straight last year I was denied they said they are doing credit checks now ...well they lost me as a customer I left them thanks for nothing

:( thinking I was gonna get it I planned for nothing I had to run around borrowing money left in tears

Its amazing how ive done my taxes for yrs wit h n r block n have goy theemerald advanced every yr for 4 yrs n i waa denied! Seriously wtf is that! Ill do my taxes somewhere else this yr!

its *** been doing it for a couple of years now always got it today i was denied why?? its coming right off the top of my taxes they take it out right up front this is bull probably wont be using hand r block any more and have been since 1993

I don't count on the loan, but since I have gotten it every year just for a little extra at christmas....I got denied!!Total *** if you ask me.

My refund is HUGE because I am a full time paying college student.

The point is I can't believe they are denying for a tax anticipation....If I wanted to be credit approved I would go to the bank.REALLY H&R you are loosing so much business you need to wake up!!!