I have used H&R Block the past three years for federal income tax returns. In 2016 I provided all the necessary documents to complete the return.

This was performed by a tax professional, not by me using the online tool. In 2017 I received a notice from the IRS that my taxes were calculated incorrectly and that additional documentation was required. Again, I had trusted that the H&R Block tax professionals would have known the details and what was required when completing the initial return. Unfortunately this was not the case.

As a result I had to pay an additional $780. When I inquired about culpability I was told I should have purchased the additional insurance making H&R Block liable for monetary impact related to errors with the return. Then, in March of 2019 I received another correspondence from the IRS stating that the amended 2016 information that H&R provided was again incorrect; they could not accept it as submitted. H&R Block proved to be inept and the IRS "kicked back" their attempt to rectify the initial issue with the 2016 return.

Also, the IRS informed me that I owed another $2750 from the 2016 return, which again was completed and submitted by H&R Block. My only participation was to provide all necessary documents to enable "tax professionals" to file the return. Read the fine print. The "100% Satisfaction Guarantee" is very misleading.

You must employ and pay for a third party to ensure you are not liable for paying for H&R mistakes.

In this case H&R Block errors cost me in excess of $3200 for 2016 alone. I am very concerned that similar errors in my 2017 return may occur costing me yet more money.

Product or Service Mentioned: Hr Block Tax Return.

Comments