I have had the worst experience with H&R Block and the nightmare is not over. This was my second visit and my taxes are not done yet!!!!

The office was quick to take the fee of $225.00 but has yet to file my full refund. There always seemed to be an excuse as to why they could not file. Yet tonight I got home and gave turbo tax a go and got $50.00 more back as well as only costing me $29.99.

CONSUMER BEWARE!! Let my lesson be learned to all other tax payers DO NOT USE H&R BLOCK

Comments

I have been a loyal H&R Block customer for many years. I've never had a problem giving them the extra $150.00 for a quick refund and their fees were in line with anyone else. All the blogs say they prey on the poor but, I didn't thing so until now. They, H&R Block, have lost my trust and I will take my business elsewhere in the future.

I usually see a check in a few days but they said this year that program has been discontinued. So, they set me up with the Federal Refund Anticipation Check and it will be in you hands in 8-15 days, fine with me, no issues, taxes are covered and off my plate for this year.

So, today is day 16 with no check, no calls from H&R Block and the IRS is wiring H&R Block my monies tomorrow according to the IRS website.

It looks to me like a simple $350 transaction is goint to cost me a lot of time next week.

I sure am glad I don't need the monies however, I missed out on a new ATV out of my toy fund, kinda bad. Now, it is affecting me directly.

I feel very, very sorry for the people who went to H&R Block that were really counting on the monies only to find out the IRS is quicker than they are.....

Not really the type of company I prefer to do business with anymore.

I DECIDED TO FILE MY TAXES AT H&R BLOCK THIS YEAR BECAUSE THEY WERE AROUND THE CORNER FROM MY HOUSE AND I NEEDED TO HURRY AND GET MY MONEY BACK AS FAST AS I COULD. WHEN I GOT THERE I STARTED LOOKING OVER THE PRICE BOARD TO SEE HOW MUCH I WOULD BE PAYING.

I KNEW I HAD TO FILE AN INJURED SPOUSE FORM SO THE AMOUNT THEY CHARGE ARE $249. I TOLD THE WORKER I WASN'T GOING TO PAY THAT SO SHE SAID SHE WOULD CHARGE $150. I STILL THOUGHT THAT WAS TOO MUCH BUT I TOLD HER GO AHEAD. AFTER SHE "FINISHED" I ASKED HER ABOUT THE INJURED SPOUSE FORM...SHE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WHAT IT WAS.

SHE THEN WENT TO ASK ANOTHER WORKER ABOUT IT AND THEY DIDN'T KNOW WHAT IT WAS EITHER. REALLY, YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE A TAX PROFESSIONAL AND DON'T KNOW WHAT THIS STUFF IS AND I'M PAYING $150?!?! SO SHE FOUND THE FORM AND STAPLED IT TO MY TAX RETURN AND SAID, "HERE ARE THE DIRECTIONS ON HOW TO FINISH IT." REALLY, I'M SUPPOSED TO FINISH MY OWN TAXES?! NEEDLESS TO SAY I WAS VERY UPSET.

THEN SHE ASKED ME FOR THE MONEY AS I WAS WALKING OUT OF THE DOOR. I SAID IT'S SUPPOSED TO COME OUT OF MY REFUND CHECK. SHE SAID I DIDN'T E-FILE SO I HAD TO PAY RIGHT NOW. I TOLD HER I DIDN'T HAVE THE MONEY AND I WASN'T TOLD I HAD TO PAY RIGHT NOW.

SHE SAID SHE WOULD HAVE TO HOLD MY TAXES UNTIL I CAME UP WITH THE MONEY. SO I CAME UP WITH THE MONEY BECAUSE I HAD TO FILE. I WANTED HER TO FINISH COMPLETING MY TAXES BUT SHE SAID SHE COULDN'T UNTIL MY HUSBAND SIGNED IT. I WENT AROUND THE CORNER, GOT HIM TO SIGN IT AND CAME RIGHT BACK.

WHEN I GOT THERE I SAW HER IN THE PARKING LOT LEAVING. THE OFFICE CALLED HER AND SHE SAID I NEEDED TO HAVE THE SIGNED PAPERWORK BEFORE SHE CAN FINISH MY RETURN. THEY TOLD HER I HAD IT AND SHE SAID THERE IS NOTHING SHE CAN DO. AFTER I STARTED YELLING ABOUT THE MONEY, THE OTHER GUY WHO DIDN'T KNOW WHAT THE INJURED SPOUSE FORM WAS SAID WHAT I PAID DOESN'T INCLUDE THE INJURED SPOUSE PAPERWORK.

I SAID THAT'S NOT WHAT SHE SAID. HE SAID HE WOULD HELP ME. AGAIN, I TOLD YOU HE DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO FILL THE INJURED SPOUSE FORM OUT. LUCKILY I HAD THE ONE I FILE FROM THE PREVIOUS YEAR THAT HE COULD LOOK AT AND FIGURE OUT WHAT TO DO.

I WILL NOT EVER GO BACK TO THIS PLACE AND ANYBODY WITH EARS TO HEAR I WILL TELL THEM DON'T EVER GO TO H&R BLOCK. THEY ARE A RIP OFF AND THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING. AND THEY CHARGE TOO MUCH!

THEY PREY ON PEOPLE WHO NEED THEIR MONEY BACK FAST....AND YOU STILL DON'T GET IT BACK FAST. THIS IS THE WORST BUSINESS IN AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!