Verified Reviewer

After completing my forms for self-employment and the state form I went to check out. They had added a service of having a Pro Review for $89.00.

I spent hours on hold trying to get that charge off as after filing myself for 37 years, I dont think I need pro review. One person told me I had to have it because I filed self-employment but that is not true at all. It was a slimy up sale. After another 50 minutes, I was told that the only way I can get rid of it is to not file a schedule C.

Again, not true. We need to get our taxes in so I paid the fee and figured its money lost that I would try to recover later. Not the case. They sent my taxes to a Pro who indicated she would get to them in 3 days.

I told her I dont want her services or anyones services, I just want my taxes sent. She released them to me but I cant print or send them although everything has been paid in full!

But wait, theres more. I spent a total of 3.75 hours on the phone and an additional 2.5 holding in their chat just trying to speak to a live person. I was zero in the queue in the chat multiple times as I watched it bounce back and forth from 0 to 1 before they finally disconnected me.

When I logged back on, they were closed. I was hung up on after waiting 50 minutes, 48 minutes and then after I had waited 56 minutes and told my call would be answered in approximately 20 minutes, the next message was your call will be answered in approximately 50 minutes!

I held until I was hung up on once again.

They refuse to release the tax forms that I paid for to the IRS. WTF?

User's recommendation: Go back to Turbo Tax.

Product or Service Mentioned: Hr Block Tax Preparation.

Preferred solution: Send my taxes to the IRS like I paid for. I'll deal with the $89.00 later.

Hr Block Pros: Easy to use.

Hr Block Cons: Hidden fees, Slimey up sales, Horrible customer service.

Comments

UPDATE: After an additional 2.5 hours, I received a refund on the $89.00 but now there are errors that can't be fixed. A help ticket was created.

So, I still can't file my taxes. Grrrr...

Hr Block Reviews