1.7
Additional Fees
Turnaround Time

DO NOT GO TO H AND R BLOCK. I had the worst experience ever!!

First of all the tax preparer barely spoke english and the entire office was foreign. Secondly the tax preparer could not see and kept typing all the numbers from my w2 and documents in the system wrong so I had to call out the numbers and watch the computer screen to ensure it was accurate. Then it was taking him forever bc he typed with one finger and the worst part of all is I asked for the refund advance and was told that since I wanted my tax return deposited into my bank account I could also have the advance deposited there as well and was then told at the end that Metabank will send me a confirmation email immediately which I never got, so I went back there and asked if they can show me proof that the advance was applied for bc I never received email.....thats when they then tell me that u cannot qualify for the advance if u opted for direct deposit in your personal bank acct. So I said well can you pull it back and correct it bc it had only been 20 minutes since I filed.

It was too late He submitted my tax return to IRS and it was already accepted. They are not sure of the products they use and everybody had different answers.

I am unemployed, my car is about to be repossessed and is struggling right now to make ends meet so I really needed that advance and he fed me a lie and if it wasnt for me having little gas in my car I wouldve went to another location from the beginning. I will never ever go to them again!!!!!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Hr Block Tax Preparation.

Comments

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States #1307691

This issue has been resolved. They reimbursed my H&R block fees and were very apologetic, I may even go back next year now that they have explained the refund advance process more in depth.

offconsumerpissed

This is what frustrates people. If you are unemployed and don't even have gas money, why are you filing taxes?

How can you even get a return? (Rhetorical questions, as we all know the answer.)

to off***sumer***ed Charlotte, North Carolina, United States #1307687

Look you uneducated ***, you can only get a W2 if you worked so evidently I worked. I worked for yrs before getting laid off in Nov, 2016 so that's how I was able to file.

to off***sumer***ed #1571301

why file? state unemployment paid is reported to the irs as income.

also, if they worked at all, and taxes were withheld, they could get some back. not to mention the requirements of the affordable care act.

and maybe qualify for a refundable credit or two. so they filed and are getting a refund.