The tax preparers are incompetent (all of the employees) and rude (Nina). I decide to use a tax preparation service because I had already received an extension in order to qualify for the foreign earned income exclusion and wanted a tax preparation expert to help me file my taxes because it was out of the norm for me.

I filed the extension on IRS Form 2350 in order to meet the physical presence test since I worked overseas for almost half the tax year. The IRS approved it.

The first problem came about three hours after I made my appointment; I received a call telling me that they double booked and was requested to change my appointment time by one hour. If this had been the worst of it then it would be no big deal, but it was not.

On appointment day (13 August 2019) I showed up about 10 minutes early and had to wait about three minutes - so far not bad. Then I meet Nina, as I am handing my documents and explaining the tax service that I need she tells me that it does not make sense and that I cannot do that.

After I provided Nina documentation from the IRS website explaining that I could do that she refused to look at it and just repeated that I cannot do that. She left the desk and went to talk to someone else and then came back and said yeah you cannot do that.

I then tried to provide her the specific tax law, but that did not matter to her, she refused to look at it and she just kept repeating that you cannot do that.

I am not confident that this H&R Block Office can provide any tax services other than a simple 1040EZ, however I would not use this service, solely because the employees are extremely rude. I missed out on two hours of paid work to make this appointment and did nothing but waste my time.

Product or Service Mentioned: Hr Block Tax Return.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Hr Block Cons: No knowledge of tax laws, Rude employees.

• Incompetent Tax Prepares