711 SW 19th St Ste 104, Moore, OK 73160, USA
Additional Fees
Turnaround Time

We normally file our taxes online for free, but we needed our refund immediately due to an emergency so we went to H&R Block to get the Refund Advance. First, the manager was our preparer, and she tried to enter the business that gave us the 1099 MISC as our business on Schedule C.

I had to read her the IRS directions so she would correct her mistake. She completely messed up Form 8863, but after struggling to get her to fix it, we just decided to buy the audit protection. Then she told us Refund Advance ended on 2/11/19, so we had to show her the H&R Bock website stating it was available through 2/28/19. So, after spending 1.5 hours teaching the MANAGER how to do her job, and paying Over $400 in total fees, we were happy to be out of there with a $3000 loan against our $4300 refund.

BUT NO , we got a text minutes later saying we would only get a $500 advance!!! NEVER again will I use H&R Block, and I will warn everyone I know about the incompetency of their “tax professional” and the unfair lending practices.

Product or Service Mentioned: Hr Block Tax Refund.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments