After 12+ years of trusting this company with my money and 2 online FRAUD situations I am done. It took 4 calls to get the affidavit sent to me as the reps were sending it to the wrong email address.

No attention to detail. Additionally, I write a stand alone statement and sent in lieu of the document requested, detailing that the transactions made were not authorized by me and clearly fraud since for example 3 were made within the same minute. My card was not lost or stolen, it has been on my person.

However, I also can't be in California, LA and New York at the same time ordering Grubhub. I'll spare you the details, but this company denied my Fraud claim and told me to wait 10 days to find out why via mail.

What in the *** I am at a new payroll cycle and it took you over 10 days to not even speak to me about the investigation, but to do a half *** investigation and tell me via an automated system that my claim was denied and basically eat this 600 bucks that we allowed to be dripped from your account over 11 days. This company has no customer focus and does not care about preventing fraud or fighting against it. This place scammed me out of my hard earned money and didn't fight for me at all. Rep communication and empathy was poor.

There was no transparency, direct line of site to what was going on in their research, no follow through, no communication and no action. I am left with 812 different case numbers my money is in limbo. They wont play with my time or money, 600 bucks in not a small amount of cash and I will go legal on them as a matter of principal. I jumped through all of their process hoops, waited for un-received calls, wrote statements of innocence and signed affidavits that were useless!

Stay far away from this place, its just a hustle to scam you out of your money. Who knows it might of been an inside job.

I don't trust them with my funds, payroll or tax, they don't do good detailed logical research. Proceed with caution, they don't do good business.

Product or Service Mentioned: Hr Block Emerald Prepaid Card.

Comments

I had my refund put on an emerald card this year. BIG MISTAKE!

While I was at work on the 9th i received 8 text messages that someone had used an atm and withdrew $2,200 from my account. I immediately called and reported it to the fraud department and to shut my card off. I had used my card at the counter at a gas station 12 minutes before i clocked into work at 2:28. I still had the card in my posession.

On the 16th I sent the fraud department my written statement and my time sheet from my work showing I was at work during the time all the charges were made. I received a letter today from H&R Block dated the 16th which was a Saturday!! Stating after a full investigation they have denied my claim because I was in possession of my card at the time also because card user entered the pin without error. Full investigation my a##!

They sent me the letter the same day i sent my documents to them at 1:30 in the afternoon on a Saturday! Also they said when I initially called them to report fraud that someone from the fraud department would contact me within 24 hrs to get my verbal statement, the next day I called they said wait 72 hrs. I called again they said wait 5 business days. I never once heard from them or anyone else from H&R Block about my case until I received this letter today.

Now please tell me HTH can I be in 2 places at once, and the chargeswere 5 minutes apart and from different atms?? This makes no sense to me how they can keep my money when I have such valid evidence I was robbed and at work at the time. They won't even tell me which gas station atms took my money so I can file a police report, obviously Iwant my money back that was stolen from me but I also want the pos store or person to be held accountable. What if it happens to someone else and it could have been stopped..

Not sure what to do now.

Any suggestions would be great. PS DO NOT USE THE EMERALD CARD!