I locked my H&R Block account online because I didn't remember the random pet name I entered some years ago.

I called and explained the associate my issue. She mumbled something about putting me on hold, I said yes.

About 10 minutes later another associate picked up and had no idea about any other associates putting me on hold.

I explained the issue again. She immediately told me that she has to transfer me to another department.

I said that I'm on the phone for 10 minutes now and asked if there's a direct number for next time, she said no.

I waited 38 minutes on the phone. I suspect they flag the "problematic" customers like me, the ones asking questions you know...

When a third associate finally picked up she said she can't unlock my account because they will automatically unlock after 20 minutes.

I said the good news is that I'm on the phone for the double of that time so I can try again.

I also said that I have a problem with the pet name.

She said it's case sensitive and I can go to IRS.COM to obtain a copy of my tax return if that's what I wanted.

And that's all the help I got. I stayed for the survey, I thought at least I can give some feedback.

The automated voice informed me that the survey system is currently unavailable and hung up.

I can't help but think that the survey system is only available when everything goes well.

Not sure how many of those still happen...

So I still can't log in to my H&R Block account because I still don't know the pet name.

For this reason I will never use H&R Block again.

I didn't like: Customer service.

Comments