I left home on April 18, 2017 going to my regular tax preparer that I had been using for years.I looked at the windows of the place that I used to go to get my taxes done and it was closed.

Therefore, I went into this tax office that I could see was opened and it happened to be H&R Block tax preparer. I told the employee the company that I was looking for to do my taxes was closed and they confirmed to me that the company was closed. Therefore, I was told by H&R Block employee that they are handling all the customers that the other company had. Therefore, I was one of those customer that had been using the other company to prepare my taxes during the past years.

I did not know what had happened to the other company that prepared my taxes during the past years. So, I was in a hurry to get my taxes done. I felt that I had no choice. so I said ok.

So I proceeded to let the employee at H&R Block prepare my taxes for 2016. There was no introducing me to an Emerald Prepaid Mastercard and there was no explanation about how this H&R Emerald Prepaid Mastercard worked. (which I did not need) The employee there never explain to me about the Emerald Prepaid Mastercard, therefore, after she did my taxes she preceded to hand me a green card. I told the employee right then that I wanted cash for my refund and that I preferred that my refund check come from IRS.

I left out and took the card but when I got home I realized what I had in my hand was a card with little value and it was a card that I had to spend my money where they wanted me to spend it and if I want to change my card for cash, it would cost me 39.00. Therefore, I sent the Emerald Prepaid Mastercard back to H&R Block and I requested my cash refund/check from IRS in April of 2017. Therefore, from April 18 to July 4, 2017 my IRS refund was being held hostage and I never heard from H&R Block. However, on Saturday, July 8, 2017, I received a letter in the mail.

The return address said H&R Block and it looked like it was from an employee because it was not an official H&R Block envelope. (it was a regular white envelope) To me it looked like a personal employee address for the return address, and it was a handwritten addressed to me with my Anonymous name and address. The employee could have sent me a direct deposit form to fill out so that my refund could have been sent to me so that my refund could have been directly deposit into my bank account. Yes, this woman has been holding my refund from IRS hostage since April 18, 2017.

This is outrageous. No one deserves this kind of treatment. How can this person hold my money? H&R Block as a deceitful way of doing business.

This is one tactic that should be illegal. What do you think? H&R Block needs to pay me interest on every day that they have held my refund hostage. If I use this Emerald Prepaid Mastercard, it is going to cost me money, therefore, I am not going to use this card because I want my refund from IRS.

Therefore, I want H&R Block to send me a direct deposit form so H&R Block can make a direct payment to my bank account after the form is filled out with my bank account information, I can then send this form back to H&R Block. I will never, go back to H&R Block and I will not recommend H&R Block to any of my friends or neighbors, or relatives of mine.

Never!Anonymous

Review about: Hr Block Tax Refund.

I didn't like: Customer service.

Had an Experience with Hr Block?

Comments

HAST NOT BEEN COMPLETED YET

HR BLOCK SENT ME A CHECK FOR 203.05

BUT THEY HAVE NOT PAID ME THE 34.95 THAT THEY CHARGED ME FOR THE

CARD.I AM STILL WAITING FOR THE 34.95.

IT IS NOT RESOLVED UNTIL THEY PAY ME THE 34.00 AND THE MONEY FOR PAIN A

AND SUFFERING.

I WAITED FROM APRIL 18, TO JULY 28, 2017 .MARIE REID

aliens_amoung_us
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States #1348752

We have had H&R Block for over 10 years, and never had any issues, and never even heard about this "emerald card" you speak of.We have all our refunds deposited directly into our accounts so maybe that's why.

Anyway, we have a wonder rep, maybe go to a different one.Good luck next year!