Verified Reviewer

Our issue has been going on for 6 months and we are still trying to get resolved. We have been an HR block client for 15 years.

We always use the office in Front Royal and have never had any issues, but when my mother in law passed away in 2020 suffering from dementia we had 4 years of estate taxes that needed done and they had no one at that location who could do them. They recommended using the Woodstock office with Gary Hamilton. No one said that he was a franchise and operated under the name of HR Block, Clearly the sign above his location said HR Block not Gary's tax service as well as all the paperwork including your guarantee of 100% accuracy and 100% satisfaction. We filed and mailed in all the tax forms and waited.

We understood because they had to be mailed in there would be a wait and we waited a year. We also let Gary do our personal taxes for 2020 and 2021. When we received our 2021 tax refund it was 4000 dollars less than what he said and what was printed on my copy of the tax return. When I called to question why such a big difference we found out he had filed a completely different tax return using our electronic signature with out our knowledge.

This is against the law. I took the paperwork to him and he had no explanation. The very same day we get 2 estate taxes back from my deceased mother in law, both incorrectly done, both filled out differently. we had a letter stating fax back in 20 days.

I reached out to HR Corporate and they got me an appointment with a Winchester office who could do the corrections. I explained we have 20 days to respond My husband dropped off the incorrect tax forms and 2 days later I called to check on the status since we only had 20 days to respond. I was told they hadn't even looked at them that we had 3 years to file not 20 days to fix and that they wouldn't have any openings to look at them until after tax season? I had to go back pick up the papers and take them to a non HR block office and paid her to correct the taxes so we were able to get them faxed in before the 20 days expired.

It took her all of 20 minutes to correct. I again reached out to HR Block who gave me Caroline Cross a regional manager to help me and she sent me to another Winchester office so that someone could validate our complaint about the accuracy. I went talked with Debbie the associate at Winchester Mall on 2 seperate occasions she confirmed that Gary did not know what he was doing and that clearly all the taxes were not completed properly. She made copies of everything including receipts what we had paid him and sent a letter to Caroling Cross.

A week or more went by no word from Caroline I called the Winchester office talked to Debbie she informed me that Gary had passed away and Caroline was still trying to figure out what to do. I sent Caroline 2 emails no response.. I called the Winchester office again only to find out that Caroline had retired and there was another person filling in til they got a new regional manager.. I called the person filling in and left 2 voice mails she never returned my calls.

In the mean time the other 2 estate taxes were returned and you guessed it both of them were wrong. I had to get those corrected and this time I had to mail them in instead of faxing them in and we are still waiting for them to be processed. We only asked for our money that we were charged to be refunded that is it. We didnt ask to be reimbursed for the time taken off work or gas expense for the trips to the other HR offices.

Mr. Pierce the new regional manager that has replaced Caroline has the paperwork that Debbie originally sent to Caroline and that has been over a week.

You are not standing behind your services and whether Gary was a franchise or not we were mislead in believing this was HR Block and trusted you to make right the mistakes created by some one representing your company. Please respond

HR Block Pros: Convience.

HR Block Cons: Poor customer service, Franchised offices working as hr block and not known to us.

Comments