Verified Reviewer

I purchased the Premium + Business software for the 3rd year in a row. I had been working on & off on the Business since Jan.

since it must be filed by 3/15/21 (S-Corp) & had been having issues w/not being able to attach the 8453-S form, as well as, a warning about my "total assets" not matching my "total liabilities". So yesterday I go to open up my existing return & lo and behold I get a message saying "this program encountered an unexplained error and needs to close". Just one more thing I have to ask about. I call, I'm on hold for 60 min & finally I get a live human being who says that I have to speak to the software dept.

They transfer me, and after 44 min of being on hold, I'm finally able to speak to someone again. I find out that as of 3/5 (which was the day before my call) that my Windows 8.1 no longer supports the Business Software, and I might add, that I was told that it never has. That's funny because I've used it for the past (2) yrs. I'm told that I need to download Windows 10.

I was adamant that I didn't want to do that.....but was talked into it. 3 hrs later, 10 still hadn't downloaded. It would say that my computer would be restarting several times. It did restart once but when it came back up it started checking for updates for the 3rd time & stayed at 12%.

I'll give it to the rep, she stayed on the phone with me the entire time. Finally it was getting close to dinner time & frankly I just couldn't do this any longer. She was going to have someone call me within (2) business days. I then had to force shut down my computer.

When I brought it back up it said that Windows 10 could not be downloaded & that my computer would return to its original format. What the *** I just lost a day of my life. OK - so I'm being dramatic, but you have to admit that my level of frustration was beyond!! Changing the operating system after the purchase has been made was a poor decision on H&R Block's part, not to mention, extremely unfair for the purchaser.

Hey, but guess what? the Premium software works just fine. At this point I really want to know if changing the operating system is the issue, and if not, how can I resolve this? Secondly, if it can't be resolved, H&R should offer to at least do my Business taxes virtually & file on my behalf by 3/15.

I actually went to irs.gov & starting filling out the form manually so that I could just print & mail it (with my reasoning for not filing it electronically).

Guess what? I ran out of ink....Signed - OVER IT!

Product or Service Mentioned: Hr Block Tax Software.

Comments