2.6
Additional Fees
Turnaround Time

For close to 12 years we have used H&R Block to prepare our taxes, with great results. This year, 2017, we again went to H&R Block, requested our regular preparer, and had our taxes done.

This year we did not receive our usual 'regular customer' care, were not offered any deductions that we have enjoyed in the past, instead of our returning customer discount, we got charged $163, and instead of the refund that we have received for many years, were told that we had to pay $655!

We need to get our tax return rechecked, either by another H&R Block office, or by another tax preparer. We are NOT happy with H&R Block, and may never use their service again!

Product or Service Mentioned: Hr Block Tax Refund.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Preparer.

I didn't like: Final product.

Comments

did you receive hard copies of both year's returns? I bet you could just compare the two line by line and find where the change happened. then decide if it was an error or if you're simply in a different financial situation and need to plan ahead for next year.

Fairmont, West Virginia, United States #1297182

BEEN A CUSTOMER FOR 5 YEARS BET YOUR *** IT WON'T BE 6 BECAUSE OF A REFERRAL A FRIEND THERE AND BECAUSE IN MY PACKE THEY DID NOT GIVE M,E COUPON WITH A NIMBER COULD NOT GET THE REFER A FRIEND REWARD. ALSO INSTEAD OF DOING THE 1040EZ FORM FOR FREE THEY USED 1040A AND CHARGED THEM OVER TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS CUSTOMER SATISFACTION IS A MYTH I KNOW KNOW WHAT THE H&R STANDS FOR HIDE THE TRUTH AND ROB YOU.I WILL REFER MY FRIENDS SOME WHERE ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

offconsumerpissed

It sounds like you may have just went into a higher tax bracket, which is of no fault of H&R Block. Please don't confuse that as me promoting H&R Block, as I think the company stinks. But, a higher tax bracket is higher tax bracket, whether you do them yourself, H&R Block does them, or a company that doesn't stink does them.