We just had our taxes done at H&R Block. Was totally surprised at the total cost of having them done. $418.00 for an Itemized tax return.

I normally do my taxes on Turbo Tax, runs me about 90.00 to file and works really well. This year for some reason I was getting an error on the program and couldn't get it to work. So we decided to get them done at H&R, they advertise for 39.95 Federal and 29.95 for state on the EZ form. So that is what we planned to do.

Took our taxes in, they ended up itemizing them, said it would benefit us to do so we would get more of a return.

Well that was true in a way, we got more back, but then they took half of it to pay for the preparation of our taxes.

When did tax prep become so expensive? I remember when I had them done when I had a business and it only cost me around 100.00, but 418.00 for something I could have done in Turbo Tax for 90.00 cost us 418.00 for them to do them. So of course when you are stuck with that kind of bill, they take it from your refund, so it goes to there bank first then to yours. So I figure it will take a long while to get what's left of our refund of $601.00. WOW!! They have quite a little scam going don't they? They get half your refund just for doing your taxes.

Had an Experience with Hr Block?

Comments

Just went in to HR Block and ALMOST filed my taxes there until she told me I would be paying $300 of my $600 refund.I was totally shocked and was offered a $20 coupon, somehow I managed to escape before actually having them file my taxes.

The whole process only took 5 minutes...just like it did when I went on TurboTax. Turbo tax didn't charge me half of my refund though.

HR Block wants us to "get our billion back"...I feel like they charge a billion instead.Go to TurboTax!!

We paid those dogs $499.00 for out of state! won't be back, nuf said!

Ensenada, Puerto Rico, Puerto Rico #136097

First of all whoever said they were charged 316.00 for and 1040EZ form is lying its only 39 dollars if you only have w-2s and if you get EIC they its 74 dollars no way were you charged that much for an EZ form.People just want to get everything for free now days.

They have to make a living too off this and also you are paying PROFESSIONALS to do your tax return and not a computer who cannot ask you questions to get you more of a refund for things you may not have know you could claim.TAKE A CHILL PILL and remember nothing is free and stop trying to get make everyone think H&R block is a bad company because you want something for free and they charge and dont give out charity work.

to MDA Milford, Ohio, United States #617928

I just had my taxes done today cost me 179 dollars for EZ form and she didn't ask me no questions to help me get any more money back ,so please tell me why it cost me so much

centralcalichick
to khaney #619670

There is no way you paid $179 for a fed&state EZ return. You either had to file a 1040 or 1040A. Take a look at your form number.

to MDA Houston, Texas, United States #921094

Nobody said it's free.. but the price h r block it's way high over 300 ???

JillRivas
to MDA #931202

Great article. Thanks for the info, you made it easy to understand. BTW, if anyone needs to fill out a form 1040EZ, I found a blank form here.

JillRivas
to JillRivas #931203

Great article. Thanks for the info, you made it easy to understand. BTW, if anyone needs to fill out a form 1040EZ, I found a blank form here http://goo.gl/jBmW1B.

For real sticker shock have your taxes pre-pared by a CPA.

For real sticker shock have your taxes pre-pared by a CPA.