1.5

My taxes are very simple. A home business with one client who I invoice monthly.

My 2016 & 2017 returns were messed up because 3 people didn’t know how to fill out an exemption from paying CPP (I’m over 65). This went on through many meetings till a 4th person took over from the regional office in Calgary. In September the returns were finally straighten out, but none of 4 people I was dealing told there was a late charge on the 2016 return that had reached `$1,000. I trusted H&R Block on their word that they would look after me.

I spent roughly $1,1790 on tax preparation fees and late charges.

I asked to be reimbursed.

After months, I received a cheque in the mail for $438.66 with no letter of acknowledgement, or apology or anything. Multiple attempts to discuss my complaint (#346070) have been futile.

Product or Service Mentioned: Hr Block Tax Preparation.

I didn't like: Poorly untrained people, Terrible customer service.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 22.

Comments

h.kitchener

For some $40 or so you can buy the H&R Block tax prep software, load it onto your computer and it will guide you thru your return. Get the product for small businesses.

Most people can do their returns at home and thus avoid paying large prep fees to tax prep firms---who use computer programs like the one you can buy anyway! As for personnel not knowing how to do some things, that happens. Anything out of the ordinary will throw most preparers but the good ones will research how to solve your problem.

The ordinary ones will not. Sadly, most are clueless and will remain so of their own volition.