I had my taxes done by a local branch, just like i had done the previous year. Mine is a simple return, head of house hold, 2 dependents, 1 w2.

I got my cash advance through the emerald card, immediatly. I filed late february. I was contacted by Irs about 3 weeks later, saying i needed to file a 1095, (healthcare) notice with my taxes, i had no idea, thats why i brought my taxes to professionals. So i brought in the paperwork to my agent, and she filed it in with my return.

After 3 more weeks, i called the IRS to see what was going on, last year i got my return within 3 weeks. They said because this document wasnt filed with my returns, i woukd have to wait 2 more months to get it processed. Meanwhile, i have hr block collections dept now hassling me over the phone for their filing fee, and the irs has the return still, because of incompetance from my agent.

I dont feel like i should be charged a filing fee now, and this whole tjing has turned out miserable, and im still not paid my return. I will never use hr block again

Product or Service Mentioned: Hr Block Tax Preparation.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Comments

FumblingBorderCollie

I did HR Block online. It clearly states free, but then you find out you are charged.

Bookcrazy

Sounds like you didn't give your 1095-A to your preparer. If that's the case, how is this their fault?

Ignorance of the law is no excuse. The 1095 was big news for quite awhile.

Never take cash advances on a theoretical refund ; you've seen what can happen. If you're going to use a word like "incompetence", learn how to spell it and turn the mirror around your way.