Additional Fees
Turnaround Time

Transparency my *** They told me it’d be $189 to file. So I said okay bc I needed the advancement.

When we were ready to file the cost went up to $398!!! We end up agreeing bc I really need to advancement. Low and behold we were denied the advance due to “ they don’t believe I’d be able to pay it back” even though they take the money off the top, from their stupid Emerald card. Sooo.....

fast forward to the day our taxes hit the Emerald card. I call and ask how to transfer from the card to my bank. I was told to do an “Over the counter withdraw” and leave $35 on the card to cover the transfer fee. Okay.

Easy enough. NOPE! wouldn’t work as we could only transfer $3000 and was charged the $35 fee. So I call and ask why it wouldn’t work.

They tell me I have to pay the fee of $35 again and I’d have to fill out a transfer form w/all my banking info and fax it back and in 5-7business days it “should” be in my

Account.

The whole thing has been nothing but a giant costly head ache that in the end will have cost us $398(file)+$35(for irs to put money on card)+$35(1st transfer of $3000) and I’m sure it’ll cost me an additional $35 for every $3k that needs transferred. And not to mention I still need having to get a loan elsewhere to cover bills, which was the only reason I went to H&R,

Product or Service Mentioned: Hr Block Tax Preparation.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments

h.kitchener

You must be one of the seven in ten who live paycheck to paycheck. Thus, in order to save money and frustration next year, just buy the H&R Block tax software, load it onto your computer and efile from home having your refund direct deposited to your bank account. Total cost is about $35 for the tax program.